#11 Remus~New Addiction

You always had the same affinity for mischief that your friends had. Maybe it was because of the harsh rules you followed at home, or the way it felt to do something you knew was wrong, or the way you could sweet talk yourself out of any punishment worse than a detention. Whatever the reason, you often found yourself gathered in their dorm, planning their next prank.

"There's no way you won't get caught with that," you say, taking a sip of your incredibly watered-down firewhiskey. "Unless you also want to dye your robes a matching pink."

James frowns before suggesting another, equally terrible idea to make up for the defeat of Gryffindor in the last quidditch match. "(Y/N/N)! Everyone loves you."

You nod in response. "Were you going anywhere with that or stating a fact?"

"Do you think you could help us prank Snivellus?"

You place a hand over your heart dramatically. "And betray the trust of one of my-" you have to stop the sentence because you were laughing too hard. "Yeah, what do I need to do?"

"Alright, well, first we need a love potion," James starts, leaning closer to the center of the lopsided circle the group had formed, "which I know you and Moony can brew-"

"If I have to have that slimeball follow me around, I'm out," you state, taking the last sip of your drink and holding your cup out for Sirius to refill.

"You know we would never be that cruel to you," Sirius responds, refilling your cup.

"No, we need you two to make it, and convince one of the house elves to slip it in his drink," James finishes, taking a swig from the bottle in Sirius's hands. "What do you say?"

"You are complete idiots," you say with a laugh. "I'm in."

The boys cheer loudly, passing the bottle around. By the time it reaches Peter, it's nearly empty. "You don't mind getting more, do you?"

You laugh and take the bottle from him. "I suppose I have to keep you drunkards happy somehow." Taking the final sip, you set the bottle on James's trunk. "It'll be a bit, though. There was a reason I watered it down."

"I'm still waiting for those cigarettes those muggles rave about," Sirius adds.

"And you'll get them. You know, for beggars of illegal substances, you are very demanding."

"What can I say?" Sirius moves so that he is standing next to you with his hand on the small of your back. "You've got us hooked, love." You feel his breath on your ear and squirm out of his grasp.

"Didn't know you were such a lightweight, Black. Anyway, I've got to go. Divination tomorrow, and I have not studied. See ya!" You give them a small wave before heading to your dorm for the night.

~~~

Sirius falls onto his bed. "God, she's perfect."

"Yeah, and our friend, so don't start anything with her," Remus says a bit too quickly. "None of us want to see the two of you snogging every chance you get."

Sirius throws a pillow at his friend. "You would be lucky to watch the two of us snog."

Remus catches the pillow and rolls his eyes. "Whatever. It's late." He glances over at Peter, who is desperately trying to get the last drop of alcohol in the bottle. "Give it up, mate. She'll get more."

With a huff of defeat, Peter sets the bottle down. The four of them settle into a peaceful, almost silence as one by one they begin to fall asleep, except for Remus, who replays your interaction with Sirius in his head. He knew he shouldn't be bothered by it, after all, you were just friends, but he longed for something more. He wanted to wake up to you in his arms every morning, hear your laugh as he struggled to find the words to describe how radiant you looked with the morning sun shining over you, see you wearing his jumper when he took you to Hogsmeade.