Chapter 11

I got no sleep last night because of the incident with Matt plus I wake up to find that Matt had left to go train for the race later in the day.

I would usually be doing the same thing, but let's face it I wasn't in the mood.

"I'm surprised you're still here." Says Shane.

"Yeah me too." I respond.

"Whatever you did to him really messed him up."

"What I did to him?" I ask in disbelief.

He laughs, "I don't know, but I've never seen him like this before."

"It'll give him motivation." I say sipping my coffee.

"More like run him into the ground which will be what he's doing if you don't go fix him right now." Shane says pointing to the door.

I sigh and chug the rest of my coffee having it burn down my throat from being so hot.

I get my gear from my room and go to the track.

The first person I spot is James Montgomery. He's surrounded by paparazzi and pretty girls, big surprise.

I scoff putting my helmet on and look for Matt. He's on the track and he's working himself. He's sloppy and slow and isn't focusing on the task at hand. I ride up next to him and try and get his attention, but he's so engrossed in his thoughts he doesn't see me.

I forget that's there's an ear piece in both of our helmets and use it.

"Matt!" I see him suddenly stop on the track almost hitting another racer.

He looks around and finally spots me. I point to the exit and he doesn't say anything just goes and puts his bike up.

I do the same and wait at the exit for him. After ten minutes he's still not here and I'm beginning to give up hope when he shows up.

"Hey." I say shyly.

"Hey." He says with a tone I can't really figure out.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that and I know that the kiss wasn't just nothing and I shouldn't have said that it was a mistake because it wasn't and I don't regret it, I just thought it would be better for the both of us since your my racer and it was inappropriate and I really like you and did I mention you're an amazing kisser and that I have been trying to keep this as a business relationship, but you're just so you and I'm so me and that-" he cuts me off with a kiss.

It's passionate, but way to short as he pulls apart.

"I'm so glad you said that." He breathes out.

"Me too."

"I'm sorry I overreacted. I was just upset that you didn't like me and I didn't know what to do."

"I'm sorry." I say again.

"Don't be." Matt replies.

"Okay, lets practice for a little bit longer and get a good practice one in for you because what I saw wasn't good. Then we'll head out and relax before the race and then we'll come back and kick some James ass."

"Deal." Matt agrees with me.

We headed back to the hotel were we 'relaxed'. More like we were both a nervous wreck. Neither of us could sit still and I was biting my finger nails to the nub. We talked about our plan to keep the race as fair as possible, which was the bribe the gate guy to not change the settings on the gates even if someone came and asked him too. We would tell him we would double what the guy offered if he kept the settings normal.

We watched as it got closer and closer for us to leave for the race. It felt like forever. Then it was finally time for us to leave and we grabbed our gear heading to the biggest race of the year.