Wake Up Calls and Coffee

What I'm about to do is a hella big risk since idk how episode 2 is going to play out with FP and his trial, but I couldn't wait any longer to do it.

3rd Person POV
FP was in the cell at the Sheriff's office for more days he can count. There was nothing for FP to really do anymore. The clock down the hallway from the jail cell had always turned clockwise, it was always grey, and the seconds hand had always stayed in the same position.
The only thing he could really think of in his constant state of boredom, besides the looked it disappointment that shown across the face of his son, was the hot,!burning anger of the woman he loved. She was sexy when she was angry. Her green eyes would glow in a way he could never imagine, or truly appreciate, and her pale skin became flush with a gorgeous rosy, pink color. She was his personal Goddess.
"Fuck you, FP Jones," the fiery redhead had snapped at him before she left in a haze of anger. FP had cursed her out of the office because he didn't want her tied up in the dangers of the Southside Serpents. The men would protect her, since she meant so much to FP, but FP didn't want her to know all of the deals he's made, and all the things he's seen.
When Sheriff Keller walked into the corridor of prison cells in the back of the building with a second cup of coffee, one for FP, FP knew something was wrong. The man knew that that man was there to bring him horrid news. Although the two had gone to high school together, there was no friendship, especially not since Keller saw the relationship between FP and Madison as a useless bang, between an older man and a younger girl, neither of the two really knowing each other, and how FP was involved in one of the biggest crimes Riverdale had ever seen.
"Sheriff?" FP asked nervously as Keller approached the man. FP held tightly onto the bars of the cell, as if he were trying to pry himself from the cell.
"FP, I'm afraid I've got some news."
"What?" The man was desperate to hear it. He needed to know how bad it was.
"Madison was shot," Keller said and FP felt himself slump against the bars of the cell door, "she's come out of sleep once, but overnight she lost consciousness again. They're not sure they're able to get her out of it."
Defeat was the first thing that shot through FP, that he was defeated by life. His wife had left him, taken their daughter with her, his son hated him, and now the one woman who loved him through all the shit, all the bad, gave up on him. Life didn't want him to have anything good. Everyone who loved him had been stripped from him, now his freedom was too.
The second thing that FP felt, was guilt. Not guilt because he knew Madison would get hurt, not because he facilitated the shooting, but because the last thing she felt towards him was rage. Rage that was enough for her to curse him to next Sunday.
"Fuck you, FP Jones," replayed through his head as he envisioned the whipping head of red hair with the lawyer friend who seemed too excited to be around Madison. FP didn't trust him for a second. His eyes followed her for a second too long, and FP noticed.
"Jesus Christ," FP Jones sighed as he took a look at Keller, who was shocked to see the thick set of tears build up in his eyes.
"Here, FP," Keller said as he opened the slot in the door of the cell, handing him the coffee.
Police station coffee was shit, but FP didn't care.
Keller gave FP a nod before he walked away from the sad man. It was only until Sheriff Keller turned the bend of the hallway did FP let the choking sobs that pressed against his chest ring true in the empty hall.
The coffee ended up getting thrown against the wall in pure anger, and FP felt every emotion.
Anger, because someone tried to take his Angel from him.
Shock, who would want to hurt Madison? To FP, there was no better person on this planet. She would give anything for her family, her friends. She even offered to help out at the Blossoms. The Blossoms
FP laughed humorlessly at the idea of Madison being around people so evil, so cold as the Blossoms.
Finally, the last thing FP Jones felt, before he collapsed on the flat, dreadful cot in the prison cell, was hate, but not against the shooter, against himself. If FP knew that a Goddess by the name of Madison Andrews would turn his life upside down, he never would have agreed to help Clifford Blossom. He never would have done something so stupid to get himself locked in prison while the woman he loved could have been saved, could have been spared.
To FP Jones, the clock's still second hand wouldn't bother him, and neither would the empty hallway with no one to talk to. Nothing could bother him, because FP wasn't himself after this.

*****
FP Jones didn't know what to do with himself. He couldn't go see Madison, he couldn't call Fred, who, no matter how much he hated FP as Madison's boyfriend, would have divulged him in knowing how Madison was, and he sure as shit couldn't use his position in the Serpents to figure out who was stupid enough to attack someone that the invincible FP Jones had loved.
"Keller!" FP shouted into the empty hallway. "Keller!"
FP could yell all day. And if Keller wasn't going to hurry his ass up and get over there, FP would yell all day, all the days in a year if he needed to.
Sheriff Keller finally made his way to FP, who was clearly still distraught.
"What, FP?"
"Any news on Madison?" FP asked hopefully.
It was then, in that moment, when it truly sank in with Sheriff Keller that FP Jones was capable of loving someone other than himself, and that just happened to be Madison Sarah Andrews.
Slowly, Keller shook his head towards the painfully vulnerable man, who Keller had never seen so desperate for anything; not a beer, not a cigarette...
Not the air he needed to stay live.
Only Madison made FP feel alive. And now that she'd gotten worse since she talked to Archie, no one knew what to expect.