Hipocrasies and Escapes

Christmas was hard this year

Christmas was hard this year. Not only were we all struggling, so was my business.
I had conference calls every day. I had exotic trips booked for photography. I couldn't just leave. I had a career skyrocketing and all I wanted to do was keep it contained.
Currently, Jughead and I were sitting in Pop's. He was writing, and I was looking at my very long list of requests for photo shoots. The closest ones in New York City I could manage. Those could be day trips, or overnights.
Jughead knew I was holding back on it, and he always told me to go and do what made me happy. But the thing is, Jughead made me happy.
I heard the doorbell ring, and I saw Dad and Archie walk in carrying a Christmas tree for Pop.
"How's this one, Pop?" Dad asked and Pop cheered.
"It's the best one yet!"
Archie walked over and took a seat next to me as Pop and Dad kept talking.
"Hey, Maddy! Jug! You want a tree for your house? Or one for the trailer with your dad?" Dad had asked me.
"I'll take one, Dad!" I smiled at him and waved as he walked out.
"How are you and Veronica doing?" Jughead asked Archie as I continued to pick at pieces of my burger.
"We've been in better places," Archie frowned before looking at Jughead. "You and Betty?"
"Better places, my friend," Jughead frowned before looking at me, my eyes focused centrally on my plate of food.
"Anyways, I'll see you two at Kevin's secret Santa thing?"
"I might be working," I shrugged and Archie looked at Jughead.
"Yeah, cause that sounds like a great idea," Jughead said sarcastically as he reopened his laptop.
Archie stood, waving to us before he left. Slowly, Jughead and I were buried into our work. It was a long night, and we both knew there was so much to discuss, but no answers we could find.
Jughead told me that night, that it would be best if he spent the night with FP. So, I drove him home, before heading to my studio.
I opened the studio door, to see the sense of normalcy I craved.
Maybe... maybe I would take some time and work away from home.
Grabbing my phone from my purse, I dialed the number to a client who worked in conjunction with Vogue out of New York City. I planned a shoot with them within the upcoming weeks, and another with Vanity Fair, and I'd be running the spreadsheet for Barbara Palvin.
Music played through the speakers as I was organizing prints and files throughout the office, catching up on everything I had neglected these last few weeks. I smiled to myself and sang along to the Christmas tunes, planning shopping days in New York for my favorite kids.

 I smiled to myself and sang along to the Christmas tunes, planning shopping days in New York for my favorite kids