Releases and Retributions

I was awoken by a banging of knocks that were thrown at my door

I was awoken by a banging of knocks that were thrown at my door. It was early, yet, not even eight in the morning on a Tuesday.
Rolling onto the floor from my comfy bed, I quickly grabbed my glasses and waddled downstairs to see Jughead and Betty.
"Hey, kids, what's-"
"Dad is getting out of prison!" FP screamed happily as he took me into a hug. The words quickly registered in my head, and an infectious smile spread across my face as I hugged Jughead back.
"Oh, thank god," I smiled and kissed the boy's hair. Betty smiled at us as we embraced. She was just as shocked by Jughead's show of affection as I was.
"We have to announce it at the Wyrm tonight," I smiled at the young boy who nodded happily. "Now, you two go to school. Be safe. Betty, tell Alice I say hello, Jughead, come to the bar after school. I love you both," I kissed both of their foreheads and sent them on their way to Riverdale High.
We had quite a night to plan.
I knew we were going to run into conflict with Tall Boy after what happened with the Ghoulies. I planned on making damn sure he didn't ruin this.
Quickly dressing, I chose a pair of jeans and a comfortable blouse before throwing my most reliable black pumps on. Stepping on the gas, the speedometer on my car never read less than sixty-five as I busted it to the Wyrm.
I quickly saw how much needed to be done before FP came home, not like I knew how soon he would be released.
Tossing a rag on my shoulder and walking behind the counter, I helped the bartender make the drinks of the regular morning drinks.
The honest and fleeting conversation between the bartender and I turned to afternoon as the children from Riverdale's South Side High began to pack the booths and tables.
Jughead strolled in, Toni at his side. I waved to the both of them and walked towards the table they sat at, holding two bottles of cherry soda. Setting them down, I kissed Jughead's forehead.
"Are you ready?" I asked him with an encouraging smile, "they're waiting,"
Nodding, he stood up from a confused Toni and made his way over.
"Everyone?" Jughead began, "I have an announcement to make... my dad is getting out of prison."
The bar erupted into cheers and roars of joy as crowds of people heard the news of their Messiah's release from jail. It was the best thing they could have heard.
"As soon as he gets out, I plan to brief him on the plans and agreements we have with the Mayor, and we can bring the South Side back."
Tall Boy scoffed and I looked at him from next to the young boy.
"You have an issue with that, Tall Boy?" Jughead questioned.
"With FP? No. Not with him. I have an issue with you, though. You two think you can bring the town back," he took a step towards Jughead. I didn't like this. I slowly grabbed the knife from my ankle, still standing to the side. I flipped the blade out, playing with it lightly in my fingers. It gave me an odd sense of power. "You've been in the South Side all of five minutes,"
"Tall Boy, I am so sick of you acting like a little bitch."
Holy fuck.
"This whispering behind my back," I growled as I moved next to my son. "That we're half serpents?"
"That I don't belong here?" Jughead continued, his rant in full motion. "Why don't we put it to a vote. If you think what I'm doing is wrong, let Madison and I know. We will step aside."
He's got some fucking balls, definitely from his father.
"All of those in agreement that Madison and Jughead know what they're doing, and Tall Boy should shut the hell up?"
Toni stood, raising her hand. Quickly, the majority of the bar stood with us. I raised my eyebrow slowly as I looked at Tall Boy, the blade now prominent in my fingers as the light of the pool table graced our hands.
Slowly, the man walked away and outside. I knew we had won, that time. Who knew how long the turf war would continue. But at that moment, I knew our family could be whole again. I'd have Jughead and FP both home. It was something that was special.