3

Ryan didn't quite understand how he ended up in such a situation having his hands around a big warm cup of coffee in a small café with the stranger who wasn't as strange to him anymore. The air smelled like coffee and a little bit of cinnamon due to the orders that kept going in and out. Ryan's eyes gazed to the window only to be met by a milky picture of what was happening in the other side of the glass. He hasn't noticed earlier when he was outside but the temperature made a huge drop in the last days. People were walking around in big scarfs and jackets. Some had hats. Fall had arrived. It just seemed that nobody told Ryan nor Brendon who both were in a shirt and lether jacket as if it was ten degrees warmer. Ryan just wasn't sure if the man in front of him had the same reason to not wear warm cosy appropriate clothes this time of the year. He simply had no winter clothing anymore because he had to burn all of it as his former kills around this time of year were rather clumsy and messy. He repressed a chuckle thinking back to the old times were he always had to burn all his bed clothing and nearly couldn't get the blood off his carpet.

His long delicate hands brought the cup up to his lips to take a small sip of the hot bitter liquid that he had ordered nearly one hour ago. He never imagined himself sitting this long in a cafe with a person that wasn't planned to be dead later on. Ryan lost all his friends years ago. He didn't feel like he needed them when he lost them but now it actually had a calming effect just sitting around with someone although he couldn't help it to let his mind wander off to how to kill Brendon once in a while. But he wouldn't. He only killed his bed partners and Brendon was sure as hell not one of those. First of all because he was a man. And no matter what Ryan wouldn't fuck a man. Never.

"It sure gets colder outside, huh?", Brendons voice broke the silence and for once Ryan wasn't mad that a voice ripped him out of his thoughts. Because it was more of a gentle call then a punch in the face like normally whenever Ryan got pulled out of his thoughts. He let his eyes dart back to the chocolate brown ones in front of him and nodded slowly. Then the scene of him talking to the girl which would've been such a better victim for Ryan and that would probably satisfy him more them the chick he had popped back into Ryan's mind.
was if the contact wouldn't have lasted that long but it did. The brown haired man raised one eyebrow at the other one as he retreated his hand and gave him a sad smile. He cleared his throat before speaking, "Its okay, we weren't the closest."

A weird buzzing sound made Brendon jump as he hurriedly fished his phone out of his pocket and pressed answer after mouthing "One sec." to Ryan who didn't mind at all. "Yea... Yea... now? ... ah, sure... mhh.... Okay, see you in a bit. Bye.", was all Brendon said while the other person seemed to talk whole essays.

"Sorry, dude, Ryan, gotta go. But..." He pulled out a pen and wrote a few numbers on the napkin that came with his coffee and pushed it over. "Here's my number if you want to meet again." With that said he got up and rushed out waving one last time through the milky glass before he fully left.

Ryan stared at the napkin for minutes debating wether to just throw it away or not. He didn't need friends or whatever Brendon wanted from him. He was doing just fine in his own getting laid every night. Another victim every night. He didn't need anybody who could possibly find out about it or call him out to the police. He didn't need anyone but himself. Yet he took the napkin and put in in his pocket to his phone before he left the cafe with his mind even fuller than it was before. He just wanted to buy some groceries. How did that happen?

Finally getting home he threw all the food on the kitchen counter staring at it thinking what he could make out of it. Curry sounded good. While preparing everything for it he already ate three pieces of bread because of pure hunger and then another three as the food was cooking slowly on the stove. When the Curry was finished he wasn't even hungry anymore so he just put it in the fridge for later.