Chapter Two

I looked down and shut my eyes. Tears started rolling down my cheeks. I turned my wheelchair around and pushed it back to my room, just staring at the floor. When I got to my room, my clone was sitting in the chair, looking at me as I walked into the room.

"What's wrong?" she asked. I slowly lifted my head to look up at her. Then I looked back down and continued heading toward my bed. I used my hands to push myself onto my bed. I grabbed the blankets and pulled them over my head. Tears started bursting out of my eyes. I heard footsteps coming closer and closer. When I peeked out from under the blankets, I saw my parents. They told me I could go see Carl now. I jumped out of my bed into my wheelchair, and pushed myself as fast as I could to his room. He was in A249. When I got to his room, I saw him and my smile turned to a frown. I backed away from the door, pushing my wheelchair against the wall. My mother and father came walking down the hall, looking at me.

"Melanie? Why don't you go in?" my mother asked.

"I can't see him like this. Look at him. Every part of him is injured."

"For what happened to him, let's just be lucky he wasn't killed."

"What did happen to him?"

"He got hit by a car. He left school early and was running here when...."

"When he got hit."

"Yes. I think you should go see him when he is conscious. Right now he needs his rest."

"Alright."

I turned around and headed back to my room. When I walked in, my clone was gone. She was no longer sitting in that chair. The room was destroyed. It had scratch marks in the walls and all the pillows and blankets had been ripped. I looked on my bed and saw my doll with the china face. Every part of her body was separated. Next to it was a note that read, "Your next." I immediately headed to the science lab and saw her in one of the tubes again. When I pushed the door open, the doctors came to the door.

"You can't let her be on her own, Melanie."

"Why not?"

"She destroys things because she is dangerous. We walked pass your room and saw her ripping open the pillows."

I walked over to the glass where my clone was standing.

"You did that? Did you also do that to my doll with the china face?"

She nodded.

"And the note?"

"Yes."

"Why would you write that note?"

She looked down. "I was forced to."

"Can you tell me who forced you?"

"I can, but I rather you wouldn't know. It might affect you in such a major way."

"Just.....tell me."

"It is........Carl."

"Carl? Why would he say you're next if he was the one who got injured."

"I don't know. Anyway, let them finish up with me and I will see if I can go into your room later."

"Alright." I said as I headed out the door. I rolled my wheelchair to Carl's room. He was now conscious. I walked in, trying to make the least bit of noise possible.

"Mel? What are you doing here?"

"I came here to see you. I found out what happened and I had to see you."

"Mel......you shouldn't be here."

"Why not?"

"Just go away Mel."