Chapter Six

"Oh my gosh, Carl! Where is he? Is he okay?"

"He is fine. Just had an asthma attack when he was chasing you. He is in the waiting room. He has been in there for a week straight. He didn't even leave to go to school."

"Take me to him, please."

Taven picked me up and put me in a wheelchair. We passed by Cypress, who was still in shock. I turned my neck the opposite direction as we passed. When we went into the waiting room, I saw Carl, staring at the ground. Taven pushed me over to him and he looked up. He grabbed me and hugged me.

"Mel! I am so happy to see you are okay?"

"I am happy to see that you are okay too!"

"What happened? All I remember seeing was you as a cat."

"Let's just say Taven and Cypress were trying to save you and pushed me to the side."

"Then, why are you in a wheelchair?" He said as he looked me in the eyes. I looked at Taven, trying to motion to him to tell Carl what happened.

"Well, Carl. Melanie is paralyzed."

"What!? How?!"

"Cypress pushed her into the tree so hard and she couldn't move."

I looked at Carl. His eyes were filled with anger. He got up and rushed to my room, where Cypress was standing in the doorway. He pushed him on the ground. Taven hurriedly pushed me over and we saw Cypress on the ground. He was knocked out.

"Carl?! What did you do to him?!"

"I knocked him out."

"We need to get out of here, now!" I said as Taven pushed me out the front door and into the woods. 

"Wait! You forgot the medication!" I heard Carl say. I continued to head into the woods. Moments later, Carl came in the woods with a bag filled with medicine and Cypress over his shoulder. We ran back to Cypress' house and put him on the bed.

"Melanie, you need to take your medicine."

"No, I don't. I don't think medicine can solve me being paralyzed."

"It's not because of that."

"Either way, I am not taking them."

Taven pushed me outside and sat me by the tree. He said he wanted to make some technological changes to my wheelchair. I sat with my back against the tree.

I suddenly saw blood everywhere. Carl was being hanged by the tree again. Cypress came out of the house, covered in blood. He kept on saying "It's your turn. It's your turn."

Taven's body fell down from the tree and landed in front of me. His body was just a skeleton. Parts of his skin came after it. I started panicking and tried to move. Cypress kept on coming closer and closer, with a butcher's knife in his hands.

"Melanie! Melanie! Carl, get her the medication! It's happening again! Hurry!"

I woke up on a bed made of clovers. I stared straight up for a couple moments, then decided to look to my right. Taven was sleeping on the floor and Carl was reading a book. I looked to my left and saw Cypress laying by the waterfall. He wasn't sleeping, though. He was staring, with sunglasses, at the sun. I looked back over at Carl, who was now looking at me. He walked over and put me in the wheelchair.

"Carl? What's happening to me? I keep seeing things that aren't really there."

"You have a problem. The doctor's are still trying to figure out what it is and how to completely cure you. So far, they aren't having much luck."