Explanation

"Well, it's not fun, let me tell you." He started. "I kinda figured." I said plainly, silently urging him to continue. "When you turned to me and told me you needed to go, I could see the disdain dripping from your face. I was worried because I care about you and knew you couldn't be left alone."

"You started pacing and I thought it was be best to keep my distance. I was hoping my calmness would catch on to you, but it didn't. By the second, you looked more and more traumatized and I couldn't do a thing about it. I felt so useless."

He paused second. I realized then, that it probably wasn't really something he wanted to remember. "If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to." I told him. "No, it's ok. I can keep going." He said. So he continued:

"You stopped pacing, and I thought that meant you felt better. Then you fell. Now that one gave me a heart attack. So I go to catch you, obviously failing as you still fell mostly to the ground. But I just sat there, trying to hold your hand, to get your attention, to keep you here."

"So I did the only thing I thought best. I laid down beside you, and I started to get your attention, asking you to look at the stars with me. You seemed compliant, looking to the sky and eventually, being able to stand back up."

"After that I think it was more of you standing there and me just wanting to help you. Then of course I held both your hands like some sappy romantic movie, and slowly, you just came back to me like you always seem to."

"I'm just glad you're ok now." Alex finished. I had started crying somewhere in the middle. "I'm so sorry for putting you through all that grief." I apologized, wiping the tears away. "It's alright. Hey, if you don't mind, I need some sleep. I have work tomorrow." He said.

"Yeah, that's fine." We said goodbye and hung up. I actually fell asleep pretty quickly after we stopped talking and I didn't wake up the rest of the night. It was 3am by the time I went to sleep, and I woke up at 6am for work.

'Great,' I thought sarcastically, 'three hours of sleep was definitely going to get me through today...'