Get In The Habit

Maddie ~ 2 months later

"Sister Mary Martha, this will be you're room." Sister Mary Therese unlocked a tall, ebony door. Inside, it was very plain. It was a rather dreary room, with one bed, one bedside table, and a small bathroom. Anything one would need.

I had taken my breakup with Alex too hard, and I vowed to never let a man break my heart again. So I joined the convent. Just me and my sisters, living for the Lord.

This was my new life. I got rid of my phone, so Alex wouldn't have any way to contact me. In fact, this convent was on the other side of the country from where I used to live. Alex would never bother me again.

Life was pretty great now. I didn't have to worry about finding a cute outfit, because now I wore the same thing every day. This was my new life, and it was the best change I'd ever made.

I was a nun now. I had always told my friends I'd become a nun if I never got married, and they thought I was joking. Who's laughing now! I was happy being married to the church; being the bride of Jesus. And the new name was a bonus. Nobody would find me now.

The whole ordeal almost made me think of Sister Act, but I wasn't really a singer. I laughed at the thought. Our convent was nothing like that laid back one. And now living like this, I had no more opportunity to be run by anxiety...