chapter twenty-one*

posted on mirandahill's snapchat on October 14th, 2017 at 3:00 pm
- only friends can view story custom option on

posted on mirandahill's snapchat on October 14th, 2017 at 3:00 pm- only friends can view story custom option on

400 views

-

Miranda wrapped her arms around both Emeraude and Matthew, giggling in the motion and jumping up and down like an excited child on Christmas day. Matthew, the eldest of the three, laughed.

"Okay Miranda, calm down now."

The brunette pulled herself away, her hands remaining cuffing each side of their arms. A smile broke out across her pale pink lips as warm breath sneakily escaped, floating into the cold air.

"You guys are in NYC! The place I grew up, my home! How can I not be excited!"

Matthew slung his arm around her shoulders.

"I think you're forgetting that I, as well, was born and raised here in the city that never sleeps," he stated, his head and eyes looking down at her, but his eyebrows raised.

Miranda rolled her eyes and pouted, looking over at Emeraude.

"Well It's Emeraude's first time okay," the short girl corrected herself, finally removing her arms and crossing them across her chest.

"Ah ah ah, yes that is correct but I believe you are forgetting one more event that takes place this afternoon that you yourself will be experiencing for the first time," Matt stated, a knowing grin plastered on his face, as he winked at Emeraude, who laughed and nodded her head in agreement.

The event that Matthew was referring to was the event she had been looking forward to since she agreed to join the trip to NYC with the pair. She was going to meet the one and only Lucas Jade Zumann, the person who she was, in her Harry Potter words, most very anxious to meet. Since the moment she had woken up that morning, she had been pacing around and trying to find things that would keep her mind occupied to race her through the day. But the less she did, the longer the time felt.

"Yes that too Matt, we can clearly see how anxiously hyper she is," Emeraude turned her head towards Miranda who couldn't stop tapping her high-heel boots against the cobblestone path that lead to an ice-skating rink.

"I'm not anxious," she reassured the pair, laughing a little bit for no apparent reason, which further concluded that she was, indeed anxious. "Now lets ice skate."

Once they got their ice skates on and headed down into the ice rink, Miranda and Matt immediately fell on their butts onto the freezing cold ice, while Emeraude, who was the only one of the trio who had never ice-skated before, swiftly skated across and around the rink.