chapter forty*

[🐸☕️ group chat]

Robs: UM we're standing outside ur hotel @ lucas

truth

Robs: shut up you loseR

DAMN

vegan bitch: uh yeah we see you hold up

I WILL NOT hoLd Up

MATTHEW DADDYARIO: dAMn u are annoying

THE FUCK

vegan bitch: get off ur phone I'm right in front of u

YO

Robs: helloooooo

HEY

Miranda nodded her head up at Irina and Lucas, the pair nodding back- Nick with his arm slung over the brunette's shoulders. Lucas' eyes trailed to the arm, and they narrowed, focusing on them before Irina let out a cough to snap him back into reality.

"Hey Miranda!"

Miranda pulled away from Nick and gave Lucas a hug, happy to see the boy she loved ever so much. Little did she know, from behind her back, the same boy narrowed his eyes again at Nick, who put his hands up in defense. Nick then looked behind the pair to see Irina with her arms crossed, and looking away jealously- making him chuckle at her. It was almost cute to see her all riled up.

Once the couple of unspoken lovers pulled away, the group began to talk and and walk away from the hotel building.

"So where are we going?"

Lucas turned to Nick, awaiting an answer to his question.

"Boss?"

Miranda snickered, swatting Nick's arm.

"It's Christmas, everything is either packed or just closed. We're going to my house for the day, and I mean the house I grew up in."

"No way," Lucas breathed out, and she smiled sheepishly.

"And there are gifts. For all of you. It is Christmas, after all."

The trio of friends laughed incredulously.

"Don't worry, it isn't too far. I didn't book your hotel in Manhattan for no reason," she reasoned, a teasing smile on her face.

Irina stayed silent as the rest of the group laughed again. To say that she didn't particularly like Miranda was an understatement. She didn't like how she was too loud, too snobby, and too girly. Even more, she certainly didn't like that Lucas didn't mind, and actually embraced such things. But for the sake of keeping their relationship in tact, she remained neutral.

Once they arrived to the steps of the Hill household, Miranda turned to look at her friends.

"Quick warning. From when I was born, to now, I've always spent Christmas with my mom's side of the family, the more uh, humble side," she explained, finding words being difficult for her. "and, so this is the first time ever that I'll spend it with not only you guys, but with my dad's side of the family."