chapter forty-four****

A MEMORY

"A latina who doesn't even know how to dance salsa, who are you?"
Miranda laughed at Lucas who wrapped his arm around her waist, as they danced the night away.
"Will you teach me?"
He smiled at her, blushing.
"I'm not sure I'm a very good teacher, Miranda."
She frowned looking down at her feet which were clearly failing to dance. Lucas chuckled, looking back into the abyss of her chocolate brown eyes, the only ones he could ever get lost in.
"But I'm gonna teach you anyways."
The girl furrowed her eyebrows, smiling confusedly and tilting her head.
"I'm a helpless case."
"Well I'm never gonna give up on you."

-

Miranda walked to the set of annE hoping to find Lucas, eagerness filling her up. Her nails dug into her fists as thoughts of rejection passed through her brain.
"Miranda!"
Miranda turned around and saw one of her favorite red-headed friends.
"Amybeth!"
The two friends hugged and Miranda looked behind her, hoping to meet Lucas' honey brown eyes, the ones she could always fall in love with, but failed to see them.
"He's in the makeup trailer," Amybeth said, knowingly.
"Sorry, Beth."
"It's okay. I understand how eager you are to see your boyfriend."
Miranda raised her eyebrows, tilting her head.
"He's not my boyfriend. He's dating Irina."
"What?!" Amybeth let out a screech, causing Miranda to rub her eyes in tiredness of the subject.
"Yeah, um they started dating not too long ago, you didn't know?"
"Well, Lucas told me he had gotten himself a girlfriend but he certainly did not tell me that it wasn't you. I assumed it was you because..."
Miranda gave Amybeth a look, as if telling her to go on.
"Because what?"
The redhead bit her lip in nervousness, not knowing how the short-tempered latina would take the news.
"It's you, Miranda. He's been in love with you. Since forever."
Miranda's lips parted in shock and then in fury. He was in love with her? When she was dating KJ, after she broke up with KJ, and now when she's perfectly single and he's dating Irina? How big of a coward could he be?
Miranda stormed to the makeup trailer, Amybeth following not too long after, as she stormed in.
"Hey Miranda! What are you...?"
"What the fuck is wrong with you?!"
"Uh... I'm vegan?"
"Lucas, she had to know."
"Amybeth," he groaned, his head falling into his hands.
"Yeah, don't blame Amybeth because she's the only truthful one here! How could you! I mean, I understand that you probably thought that I didn't love you because I was dating KJ but do you really want to know why KJ and I broke up?! It was because he couldn't stand the fact that it was you. It was always gonna be you. Because I'm in love with you, and I guess I'm the only one here who's not afraid or ashamed to say it."
Lucas remained in shock, as did everyone else in the trailer.
"But I guess you gave up on me."

Miranda walked out,
And Lucas let her.