Chapter 2 Ben

When I got back to the house, I set Matimba down in our bed. She curled up, and rolled onto her injured side. She woke up screaming.

"Matimba! It's okay, sweetheart, you're in the safe house," I said.

"Ben, what happened?" she asked me.

"You were shot," I answered.

"Wait! What about Amillia, Arica, Robert, Emmilee, Angel, and Max? Where are they?" she asked.

"They aren't all alive. Emmilee, and Robert are dead. The rest are alive, Arica Amillia, and May are still with Cole Ragmeal, but Angel is gone and I don't know where she is. I do know that she is alive," I answered.

"Well, do we know how to get the survivors back here?" she asked.

"No, not yet, but we will soon. Just rest. Your wound isn't sewn shut yet," I said.

"One more thing, Ben. Where is Kimberly?" Matimba asked. Oh, no! What if the shot I heard wasn't air support, but Kimberly being shot?

"Um, it's best we don't stress you out before you rest, okay?" I said.

"No! Tell me what happened to Kimberly?" This is the first time Matimba had raised her voice to me.

"Okay, but you're not going to like it," I replied calmly.

"Just tell me, Ben. I want to know. I can take whatever it is," I looked her in the eyes. They sparkled with wonder. I didn't want to startle her, but I had to tell her that Kimberly might have been shot.

"I'm sorry to say..." she cut me off.

"Is she dead?" Matimba shrieked with pain as she tried to stand. I made her sit back down. 

"That's just it, I'm not sure. She could be dead, or she could be alive. I don't know, but what I do know is that I heard a gun shot. It was just a few hours ago," I informed her.

"Oh, do you think Kimberly is okay?" she asked me.

"Well, I hope so," I replied.