Chapter 5

Lying next to Aimi in her bed, Boruto looked up at the popcorn ceiling while thinking of a girl he couldn't get off of his mind.
He knew that it was horrible for him to be thinking of her, while he had a girlfriend, but he couldn't stop his feelings even if he tried.
Aimi was a sweet girl, and he could tell that she liked him a lot, only he couldn't reciprocate her feelings.
His phone suddenly chimed, indicating that he had football practice in less than an hour.
"I should be going, Aimi." She nodded.
"I understand, let's do something after your practice?" She kissed his lips, as he got up. "Maybe a movie?" A smile spread across her lips, "Okay, bye, Boruto."

Leaving her dorm room, Boruto ran into Sarada at the elevator. "Hey." They both said, while politely smiling at each other. Noticing what she was wearing, Boruto asked, "Where are you heading?" She looked down at her phone while replying to his question,
"The track, then the weight room, you're going to practice, right?" He nodded as they both got on the elevator. "How are you and Aimi?"
She asked him, as she walked in front of him.
"Good, how about you and Haron?"

"We're great." She said with a genuine smile,
"I'm happy for you, Sarada." He lied stupidly.
Haron was a good guy, but definitely not good enough for a girl like Sarada. Sarada Uchiha is beautiful, intelligent, caring, and so
understanding. Any guy going out with her should feel lucky and Haron had never expressed that. Instead of talking about how great she is, he always boasted about how great she is in bed.

The onyx eyes that he pictured constantly finally looked into his, and she lied too.
"I'm happy for you too, Bolt."
They both knew that the other was lying, but Boruto didn't know what to say. He knew that he liked Sarada, a lot at that, but they were both in relationships; However, he'd wait for her, no matter how long it took. "Bolt huh? You haven't called me that in years." He said while laughing a little, "You'll always be my Bolt." She said while reaching up and ruffling his hair, "I'll see you later, Sarada." He said, as they stepped out of the elevator doors.

Before he could walk away, she grabbed his hand, making him stop and turn around.
Without looking into his blue eyes, a cute blush came to her face. Pulling him into a hug, she said to him softly, "Bye. Be careful at practice."
~
   "Boruto, stop being a creep." Shika said, while he subconsciously watched Sarada, as she ran on the treadmill that was on the other side of the weight room. He had to stop himself from completely objectifying her, as her body looked amazing. "Shut up, Shika."
Shika on the other hand, had his eyes on Cho, of course, as she did box jumps. Hima was there too, and she ran on the treadmill next to Sarada. Getting an idea, he put down the 60 pound dumbbell in his hand and stood up from the bench.

His cheeks flustered as he watched her laugh while talking to his sister. Her smile was enough to bring butterflies to his stomach, and he shook his head. "Both of you, stop looking at them before coach catches us." Jin said, making Boruto finally tear his eyes away from Sarada.
"I'm gonna go do some cardio." Shika said and Bolt nodded in agreement, "Me too, gotta get that daily cardio." Before Jin could disapprove, Bolt practically sprinted to the treadmills.

Looking at how fast she was running, he sped up the machine. Noticing him, she smiled while pulling out one of her earbuds, "Are you trying to race me?"
"A race? Don't you remember what everyone calls me?" He asked and she shook her head. "No, I remember you wanting everyone to call you the Flash, but we stuck to bolt."
He laughed and shrugged because she was right. "Let's race, loser has to buy the winner lunch."

"Anywhere the winner wants?" She asked, as they both started to slow down their treadmills. "Of course." He said, making her ask, "Indoor or outdoor track?"
"Indoor." She nodded, before Boruto told Shika to cover for him if their coach asked where he was. The two of them jogged down the stairs of the two-story gym, and Haron watched from across the gym. Wondering where they were going.