I wiped my blade clean on the arm of my armour, I gazed around the battlefield so many of my friends and comrades dead. "It's okay kiddo I understand this was your first war!" Varian exclaimed slapping me on the back gently. "You fought well. But now we must return to Stormwind, I know Anduin will be worrying." He said as everyone mounted their horses.
I couldn't will my legs to move from the spot I was stuck. "Genn get her on her horse before she can get any worse!" He ordered his friend. Genn gently tugged on my arm and led me to my Stormwind steed. There was so much blood, so much killing! The whole ride home I was quiet, we soon entered into the Valley Of Heroes at the entrance of the gates of Stormwind. Many of the townspeople stopping to bow or salute their king and soldiers. I was just the same age as Anduin and I was already fighting in the wars, while he was at home ruling Stormwind.
My family had all been killed therefore Varian enlisted me into his army and made me the captain. I had been training for this moment but when it came to it I just couldn't stand it, but I fought hard and bravely. I think I'd rather be on the streets of Stormwind splitting up fights. "Josephine are you okay?" Genn asked dismounting his swift steed and holding the reins of my charger.
"She's a little traumatised but it shall pass." Varian said walking into Stormwind keep. I swung my leg over my horses neck, then walked to the guards garrison to get out of my blood stained armour and to put my weapons away. But just as I walked in and threw me helmet down I looked up and there stood Anduin. He turned facing me.
"Jo? You're back?" He asked and rushed to me. He hugged me but I didn't lift my arms to meet his. He soon let go but rested his arms on mine. "What is it? Please speak to me!" He demanded but I couldn't make myself my lip just quivered and my eyes glittered, he just hugged me again.
"Y. . . You weren't there." I said beginning to sob.
"I know." He said rubbing my arm and gently pulling me down to sit with him on the bench. "D. . .Did my father return?" He asked. I nodded as I began to break down in front of the prince. "Hey it's okay." He said pulling me in for another hug. "Come let's go to the keep." He said gently pulling me to stand.
"What about my armour?" I asked.
"You can change in your chambers when we get there." He said. I looked at him a little confused.
"My father and I discussed it and he proposed that you stay with us knowing there was a good chance you would react as to how you are now." He explained. I didn't say a word, I just wiped my eyes on my blood stained tabard and walked with him back to the keep. As soon as Varian saw his son he slapped him on the back.
"Good to see you made it back safely." Anduin smiled at his father. Anduin then offered his hand to me. "I was wondering if Josephine could stay in her chambers tonight, she's not in a state to be on her own?" He asked his father softly.
"Of course,I agree son." He answered looking me over.
"You know I could ask Tyrande to see if she can help calm her?" Genn suggested.
"You could but I'd be careful, things are fragile especially with Illidan." Varian answered. "We'll discuss this later, Anduin if you would." He said. Anduin lead me to my chambers it was a lot more luxurious than sleeping in mud just waiting for the enemy to attack you. Blue and gold everywhere, the bed even had gold lions on it.
"I'll leave you to settle in." Anduin smiled and then leaving me. I collapsed in the middle of the floor, my armour creaking and crashing against the marble floor. My head falling into my hands, and I broke down, my tears falling onto the gold lion on which I knelt upon.