10

I walked the shores. It was silent. No screams, no blood. It was all in my mind I kept reliving the moment Varian was killed. It had been seared into my memory, it still tore my heart apart. "I could have done more. I could have done more," I said over and over to myself. The fel began to well up inside of me it began to overpower every inch of me. "Jo stop!" I heard a voice call to me, I turned snorting like an angered bull. It was Oggith a Blood elf demon hunter, we had become great friends and grew close to one another. 

He rushed over, almost tripping on the sandbank. As soon as he reached me he grabbed my arms and looked into my eyes, I had discarded my blindfold. "Remember how I taught you to breathe," he said, then rested one hand on the back of my head helping me to calm down. "The more fel you use the more you give in to its temptation." We were soon breathing in unison and the wild flames that were once my eyes seemed to die down.  "That's it," he said and pulled me into his chest.

I tried to stop my tears but they wouldn't stop. "It's okay," he said. He ran a clawed hand up and down my back. "Let's walk a bit further," he said.  I shook my head. "It will help." He gently pulled me from his chest and we continued walking. "I can see you're not dealing with the transition very well."  

"Oggith, in all honesty. No, I am not." I replied dragging my eyes away from him. 

"It's because you're a slave to the fel," he said.

"A slave?" I asked looking at him in disbelief. 

"Yes, don't let it consume or control you. You control it." He said. 

"I'm not sure how," I replied my eyes met his. 

"We have all night," he said.  We walked to the other end of the shore. We do our best to hide from the demons that still wander the shore, we found an abandoned cavern where we hid at the back. We sat opposite each other, he took my hands in his and consumed the excess fel from my earlier overwhelming, but instead of it staying in his body it flowed through him and into the ground. "Better?" he asked. 

"Yes," I nodded. 

"Just keep taking deep breaths. Feel your being override the power of the fel, push your demon as far as you can from the surface." He said softly.  "If you do this every time you feel the demon rising it will help you to control it better." I gave him a swift nod. .we both looked to the mouth of the cavern and saw dawn approaching. "We better started heading back," Oggith said. We started heading back but we were spotted by two fel guards. 

"Looks like we're fighting early," I said.   

"I think you're right," he said as he pressed his back against mine both our glaives at the ready.