Chapter 6

Graham woke with a start hearing gagging noises coming from the bedroom bathroom. He rolled out of bed and pulled on his sweatpants.

Standing outside the closed door, Graham gently knocked. No answer. "Buffy? Are you okay?" No answer. Graham turned the doorknob and walked into the bathroom. "Buffy?"

Buffy sat on the tiled floor cradling her head in her hand. Her other hand laced through her sweat matted hair. Graham went to her and kneeled at her side. The backs of his fingers caressed her pale cheeks feeling her warm forehead. "I'm fine." She waved him off weakly.

Graham smirked and pushed her hair behind her ear. "No, you're not."

"Yes, I am." She tried as convincingly strong as possible.

Graham rubbed her damp neck. "If you were fine, you wouldn't have your head in a toilet. This is everyday this week."

"I think it was last nights dinner..."

"You've said that everyday this week." He pressed his mouth against her sweat matted hair.

"Don't." Buffy pushed him away. "I'm gross and icky." Graham ignored her kissing her shoulder and wrapped a hand around her and pulled her into his chest.

It pleased him that she hadn't push him away again. "I don't care if you're covered in slime or puke. You're still the most beautiful woman to me." Buffy's head tilted up to him. Graham smirked and kissed her pasty forehead. She covered her mouth with her hand and twisted to the toilet. Graham moved his knees, holding her hair back and rubbed soothing circles around her back.

When she finished, Buffy fell back exhausted and held her forehead in her hand. Her sickly aroma did not phase Graham when he buried his nose behind her ear and kissed the back of her neck.

"I think it's time for you to see the doctors." He whispered.

She turned in his arms and rested her head against his collarbone under his chin. "Okay."

Graham kissed the top of her head and picked her up sitting her on top of the toilet. He faced to the bath turned on the faucet. She tiredly watched him pour bath bubbles and salts into the tub. Graham unbuttoned the shirt she wore as a pyjama and tossed it to the corner. "Get into the tub." He gently ordered.

Buffy lowered herself into the steaming water letting it soak her hot, queasy, and sore body. Graham took a loofah and washed the suds around her neck and down her chest. A relaxed expression danced onto Buffy's face as Graham washed her. He ran a hand down her arm to her hand. He kissed her fingers and continued to do the same with other arm and hand. "You're too good for me." She whispered.

Graham gave her a lopsided smile and caressed her cheekbone with his thumb, "And don't forget handsome and an animal in bed." Buffy laughed. "After your bath, we're gonna go to the doctors at the Academy." Buffy nodded and closed her eyes. Graham half expected her to fight him like she would've normally had done. But thankfully she did not. Graham continued to wash her skin and occasionally feathered her with kisses.