Chapter 2. Getting To Know Mr. Santos

It's my first day at my new job, I am so nervous. I have to make a good impression, I cannot afford to lose this job, so my plan is to catch on fast, do what I'm told, and pray for the best. Mr. Santos did say he was impressed with my resume, I just hope he will be impressed with my job performance.  I'm so happy I did this type of job for eight years. I shouldn't have any problem doing this new job and being able to catch on rather quickly.

I grab my lunch, and coffee mug. I walk outside to my car. As I'm pulling out of my driveway, my cell phone rings. I look to see who is calling me, I do not want to be late for work. I see a number I don't recognize. I push the off button.  If it's important, they will call back. I get halfway to work, and my cell phone rings again. I see the same number. I think whoever is calling me might have something important to tell me, maybe I should answer it.

"Hello, I really hope this is important whoever you are. I cannot be late on my first day at work. You really need to talk fast, "I hear a chuckle and a sigh. I think I recognize his voice. I hold my breath hoping it isn't him. He clears his throat.

"Eva, this is Antonio Santos, your new boss."

" Oh, my damn, it is you."

"Yes, it is me. Why didn't you answer your cell phone the first time I called you, Eva?" He questions me with a stern tone.

"Oh crap, well, I didn't recognize your number, I didn't want to get caught up in a phone conversation that would cause me to be late for work on my first day," I quickly reply.

"Well, that's an excuse I'm willing to accept, Eva. It shows you are serious about your job. I'm impressed, and it's very hard to impress me. First you impress me with your resume, and now, you're not wanting to be late for work. I have a great feeling I hired the right lady, Eva."

"Thank you, Mr. Santos. That means a lot. Is there something you needed?"

"Yes, Eva, I need you to go to the Hampton Inn Hotel."

"Uh, okay, can I ask why you need me to go to a hotel Mr. Santos? Um, Hello? Did he just hang up on me? Oh man, okay Eva, just stay calm, we could have lost connection." I drive to the hotel wondering why he wants me at this hotel. What job could I possibly do at a hotel? Guess I'll find out in a few minutes.  

"Are you Eva Henry?"

"Yes, I am Eva Henry."

"Mr. Santos is waiting for you, in the president suite. Top floor, room four thirty. Turn right off the elevator."

"Okay, thank you very much," okay, no need to be nervous. I'm sure there is a very good reason why my boss is wanting me to join him in a hotel room. Maybe he just wants to work out of the office, I hope.

I get to the room. My nerves start acting up again. I gently knock on the door. I hear Mr. Santos walking towards the door. When he opens the door, my eyes nearly pop out of my head. He is wearing black silky shorts and no shirt. My eyes roam over his gorgeous, tanned body. My eyes look down between his legs, I have no problem seeing he is very blessed with a big package between his legs. I don't realize I'm still staring between his legs.

"Eva? See something you like girl?" He grins.

"What? No, I mean yes, wait, I wasn't expecting you to be half naked, Mr. Santos," I say while tripping over my words.

"Yes, I know, but doing this job Eva, you sometimes have to expect the unexpected. Come in, I want to explain what your job will involve, I also need you to sign a contact," when he said the word, contract I get a little nervous. He never mentioned a contract during my interview. Maybe it's a contract wanting me to agree to stay with his company for at least a year.

"Eva, come in, please," I walk in the room, and see a lady's bra and panties on the floor by the coffee table. I think I just interrupted something very private.  As I sit down on the sofa, I hear him behind me.

"Eva, I know you're wondering what the contract is about. Don't worry, it's just an assurance you agree to stay with my company for at least two years," I force myself to look up at Mr. Santos.  I guess signing a two-year contract won't be all that bad.

"Well, are you willing to sign my contract?" He asks with insistence in his tone.

"Sure, it's not like I plan on finding another job. The pay you offer is exactly what I need. I'll sign the contract, Mr. Santos."

"Great, I'll be right back," he informs me. As he is walking into another room, I see this tall, black haired lady walking down the steps. She looks over at me. I see tears in her eyes. Before I can open my mouth to speak to her, she runs out the door.

"Here we are, just sign your name by the red X, Eva."

"Mr. Santos, that lady that just left, she was crying." I notice his soft smile soon fades and clenches his jaw.

"You don't need to worry about April, she got some bad news earlier. Sign your name right here, Eva."

" There, I am now all yours for the next two years," I smile as I sign my name. He grins and puts his face close to mine. His hands grip my hips and pulls me next to his naked chest. My eyes stare into his green eyes.

"You got that right, for the next two years, you are all mine, and nobody else's. Happy to have you with me, and my company. Let the fun times begin. I'm about to take you on one hell of a ride, Eva."

"W-what do you mean, Mr. Santos?"

"Trust me, Eva, soon, you will find out."