Chapter 3. Making Mr. Santos Angry

A week has gone by. Mr. Santos just got back from New York. He wanted to buy the material for our lingerie for wholesale. I got his paperwork finished; hope he appreciates me working the entire weekend to get his paperwork finished. I was up past midnight Friday and Saturday night, but it's part of my job, I will not complain I have a steady secure job that pays very well.

"Good afternoon, Eva, did you get all the paperwork finished?"

"Yes, sir, I put it in your filing cabinet. Oh, and by the way, that client you were hoping to get before you left for New York Mr. Alfred Thomas, I told him what you told me to tell him."

"Okay, and what was his answer, Eva?"

"Mr. Thomas said he's looking forward to doing business with you Mr. Santos. He would like for you to call him so you can set up a meeting for next week. He said any time next week is good with him."

"Well, Eva, just when I think you can't possibly impress me even more, you go and prove me wrong. It's so incredibly rare one person can impress me the way you keep managing to impress me. You keep this up Eva, and you just might be looking at a raise."

"Really, Mr. Santos? A raise?  Thank you, but I was just doing my job," he motions his finger for me to come over to him, he pulls a chair beside his chair. I sit down. The look in his eyes is kind of intimidating, he is so damn good looking I feel a little intimidated when I look into his beautiful green eyes.

"For the short time you have been working for me, you have already proven what a loyal, hardworking, dedicated employee you truly are.  I'm guessing you worked all weekend to finish my paperwork?"

"Yes, but I didn't mind, I didn't have plans this weekend, Mr. Santo's."

"Hmm, well, you do have plans for this weekend."

"I do? What plans do I have, Mr. Santos?" He puts his hand on my bare knee, our eyes lock onto each other's, my heart starts racing feeling his soft hand on my now shaking knee.

"You have dinner plans with your boss, Eva. You know that new restaurant that opened this weekend?"

"Oh, wow, you mean The Rose Garden. I heard you can't get out of there without spending at least sixty dollars for one plate of food," he slightly laughs at me.

"Eva, do not worry how much the food is, just agree to be my dinner date Friday night."

"I would love to be your dinner date, Mr. Santos, thank you."

"No need to thank me, I should be thanking you. You really have been doing a fantastic job for me, so thank you. This dinner is a way to show you my gratitude, Eva."

Antonio's POV*

"Hello, this is Antonio Santos," I say answering my phone.

"Mr. Santos, this is Alfred Thomas. I'm calling to ask if you changed your mind about wanting me to be your client?"

"What, of course I want you to be my client, Mr. Thomas."

"Well, I waited as long as I could for your secretary to fax me the agreement papers, I'm sorry Mr. Santos, I had to go with the Denver brothers. No hard feelings. goodbye."

"Oh my god Eva, how the hell could you forget to fax the agreement papers? Damn it, he is a high paying customer. Oh girl, you are going to seriously pay for this. I can't wait to get my hands on you," I snap as I leant back. After grabbing the keys from my desk, I quickly make my way out to my car and speed towards her house.

"Hi Antonio, are you ready to leave for our dinner date?" After I enter the door, I turns to face her.

"Antonio, are you okay?"

"Am I okay? No, I am nowhere near being okay. Did you forget to fax something to Mr. Thomas, Eva?"

"What? No, I don't think...oh god, the agreement papers," I remember I forgot to send the agreement papers.

"Yeah, the agreement papers, Eva. Tell me something, are you truly wanting to keep your job?" I snap.

"What, yes, of course I want to keep my job, Mrs. Santos. I am so sorry. I know what a huge mistake this was on my part." 

"You got that right, Eva. He was one of the biggest customers I have been working so hard on landing. Damn it, he went with the other company," I snap. The tears soon fill her eyes, and her knees are going weak.

"I am so sorry, Antonio. Do you think if I called him and try to plan a meeting with him?"

"No, what's done is done. He has already signed with the other company. It's too late to get him on our side now," I say while running my finger through my hair.

"Oh. I have no excuse. I just simply forgot," She whispers as she pulls her hair from the clip and tosses the handbag on the sofa. 

"What are you doing, Eva?" 

"I assume you're no longer in the mood to take me out to dinner and I'm also assuming you will want me to come in the morning and gather up all my belongings from the office," she whispers. I step in front of her closing the space between us. 

"It's no secret I'm pissed. You did screw up, Eva and I'm normally not the type of person who is so willing to hand out second chances, but for some crazy reason, I am willing to give you a second chance. Do not screw this second chance up. We cannot afford another screw up likes this one. Do you understand me?" My deep voice asks. She slowly nods her head in agreement.

"I give you my word, Antonio, I will never screw up like this ever again," she assures me.

"I hope not Eva. I see the talent you and the dedication you have, you are really going to have to prove to me you are worth keeping. No more screw ups."

"No more screw ups, Antonio. I promise."

"Alright, let's go have some dinner."

"I'm truly sorry, Antonio."

"I know you are, Eva."