The Charm

Ellie was alone in her room. She was staring at her reflection in the mirror. A frown appearing on her face, she was not happy at what she saw.

A knock at the door startled her. She walked over to the door and opened it, revealing the Wizard of Oz himself.

"Eleanor," He greeted.

"It's Ellie," She said.

Oz nods, "Right, sorry." He said.

Ellie leans on the door, "So?"

"May I come in?" He asks.

Ellie moves to the side allowing the wizard in. He enters her room and turns to her, she was wearing black sweat pants and a black t-shirt.

"Not dressed for Cotillion?" He asks.

Ellie shakes her head, "Just not been feeling it." She said.

Oz nods, "Well Dorian would be upset if you're not there."

She looks at him as she sits on her bed, "We aren't together anymore."

"Why?" Oz asks walking over to her, "Oh come on now, you can tell your grandfather."

Ellie looks at him with a look, "With how well you keep your age hidden, you look more like a father than a grandfather."

Oz chuckles at that response but got serious as he sits next to her, "But seriously, Ellie. Does this have to do with you leaving for the Isle?"

Ellie's eyes widen, "How did you know?"

Oz sighs, "I have my sources, dear. But how come you never came to me about your magic?"

Ellie looks at him, "And then what? Get sent back to the Isle for not being able to control it?"

Oz shakes his head, "No, dear. I have something for you."

Ellie shakes her head, "I don't want anything from you."

Oz pulls out a green jeweled necklace, "Oh I believe you'd want this."

Ellie is handed the necklace and she looks at it, "It's a necklace so what?" She asks.

Oz points to the jewel, "I charmed this jewel  years ago," He said, "I charmed it for your mother when she was your age but- well things didn't go as I'd hope."

Ellie looks back at the jewel, "Charmed it with what?"

"A powerful spell to keep that evil part away," He said.

Ellie's eyes widen and then frowned, "You know about that too?"

"I figured as much," Oz said.

Ellie looks at him, "Will this charm- it keep me from turning- green?"

He nods, "Yes."

Ellie holds onto the necklace and then pauses before she started to put it on. Oz noticed the hesitation and looks at the girls.

"You alright?" He asks.

Ellie looks at him once more, "I think I've changed."

"How so?" He asks.

"I use to be this girl who knew who I was. I was the Wicked Witch's daughter. I ran around causing trouble and chaos where I went with my crew. We were the best at being bad." She said talking about her old life with pride.

Oz nods.

"Then Maleficent- she came in and ripped me from that life. I couldn't be that Ellie anymore. I had to be friends with Evie, Jay, Carlos, and Mal for Maleficent's own means. I knew my mother didn't disagree. She wanted off the Isle as much as Maleficent." Ellie said.