Let Them Talk.

Walking into the school that following Monday was interesting, Perry felt like eyes were on him and Carter, who was walking down the hall confident as usual.

"Does something seem off?" Quinn asked.

"Ok, so I am not the only one who was thinking that."

Carter said nothing, but his face almost gave it away when he got to his locker and it was a fake picture of two guys holding hands with his and Perry's picture on it.

Holding the picture, he chuckled and looked at Perry, his face was red, then he crushed the paper an flashed Quinn and Perry a smile.

"Do not pay any of these jerks attention, that is what they want from us... now have a good day," Carter said.

He went ahead to his first class.

"He wasn't bothered at all, then maybe I shouldn't worry either."

"Nope I wouldn't Per, you and Carter have been friends since the beginning of time, he has your back no matter what."

Quinn was right, and August was just overreacting maybe

......

Sitting in class Perry was focused, trying to forget what happened on Friday and now focus on making sure his grades are legit. Then the door opened and principal Fauler walked in with a boy who looked to be new and when Perry saw him, his eyes sparkled.

"Mrs. Vans sorry to interrupt, we have a new student in your communications class, meet Lee Reynolds."

"Oh thank you Mr. Fauler, Lee please take your seat next to Perry."

Oh, great Perry thought to himself. 

"He's a fag, you don't want to sit next to him!"

Lee walked past the kid who made the comment and accidentally knocked his stuff off his desk,

"Oh, damn my bad bro, that's what happens when you shouldn't talk shit." 

He continued to the seat next to Perry then he sat down and immediately looked at Perry and stuck his hand out "You must be Perry?" he said.

Perry looked at his hand and he shook it and smiled "Yep, that's me."

Lee smiled and looked ahead back towards the teacher.

.... Class ended and Perry started on to his next class when he was stopped. 

"Hey, Perry," Lee yelled. "You think i could get some help around here, i don't want to get lost ." 

"Uh, sure i have no problem doing so, let me show you around."

Carter was in gym class with some of his teammates

"Yo Price, you really think you can keep protecting your friend forever, eventually he is going to have to handle his own battles."

His other friend shared his own advice. "Because we know he is gay and what not, and we are not saying that you two have something going on but it looks weird bro."

"So you are saying because i choose to protect my best friend who happens to be gay, that i am interested in him, i love him to death that is accurate and nothing is going to change because he is my best friend and that's final!" 

Quinn was standing off to the side smiling as she watched Carter stand up for Perry.

The end of the day came and like always Perry and Quinn waited on the front steps of the school for Carter, 

He busted through the doors out of breath and sweating.

"Getting some extra practice in today, go on without me guys!"

Carter flashed a smile at Perry and they got up and headed towards the car.

Quinn put her arms around Perry "You know you have a really good friend in Carter" 

Perry smiled "I know, for a jock he's ok."

They laughed and headed home. Not far standing was Lee he was lighting a cigarette and he smiled watching Quinn and Perry leave off of the school campus.