Meeting the Parents

The next thing I knew I was knocked to the ground as Lauren lunged at me. I smacked my head on the lockers as we hit the ground and it dazed me just long enough for her to punch me in the nose. I ignored the feel of blood sliding down my face as I punched her back, grabbing her shirt and shoving her onto her back, smacking her again and watching her head bounce against the floor. She shoved me off and we both stood up, people were beginning to gather around us but I ignored them as she caught my arm, shoving me sideways and knocking my ribs into the water fountain, making me cry out. I could taste blood from where I had bit my tongue and growled, turning to see her smirking face looking at Tyler. As she looked back at me I swung my arm forward, literally knocking her off her feet and kicking her into the lockers 3 times before she groaned.

“S-stop…” I did as she asked, not willing to continue no matter how easy it would have been. I spun around, pushing passed students and walking down the hall, out into the parking lot. I felt my phone buzz just as I stepped out, seeing Jasper with his phone to his ear across the parking lot just as Emmett locked eyes with me. He reached over, smacking him as I heard Rose scream and begin running towards me at the same time that I stumbled down the steps.

“Jesus Scar! What happened?” Rose asked as she got to me first at a human speed, Jasper and Emmett seconds behind.

“Lauren got in my face. Said Jasper was using me, that he did it all the time with other girls-“

“And you believed her?” Jasper asked, and I shook my head, throwing myself off balance and forcing him to catch me.

“Of course not. I know better than that. She kept talking and I said that no Cullen would ever want her, that her legs were open so often they had visiting hours-“ I was cut off by a loud laugh as Emmett broke down. Jasper lifted me into his arms and carried me towards the Jeep. “Then she lunged at me. She got a few good shots in but by the time she begged me to stop she was on the floor practically unconscious.” Rose got into the front and my daddy held me on his lap in the back.

“Call Carlisle, tell him we’re coming home with Scarlet.” Daddy insisted and Rose nodded, dialing her phone.

“Carlisle. Yeah, Scarlet got into a fight, Jasper wants you to look her over, are you home? Yes, we’re leaving the school now. 5 minutes with how Emmett drives…he wants to know what hurts?” She looked back at me.

“My ribs…and my nose…” I mumbled as I began drifting off to sleep in daddy’s lap.

“Did you hit your head?” I ‘hmm’ed in response before daddy patted my face.

“Stay awake little wolf, did you hit your head?” My eyes snapped open upon his request and I thought back.

“Yes. When she tackled me it was into a locker and my head smacked into it. It’s not bleeding though so it’s okay.”

“You could still have a concussion, he says you need to stay awake.” Rose told me, hanging up the phone.

“Wait…I can’t go to your house!” I exclaimed and everyone looked at me.

“Why not?” Rose asked, clearly confused.

“Your parents are there!” I said as if it were obvious but clearly to them it wasn’t. “I can’t meet your mom and dad like this, hell of a first impression, I look like a mess and my face is covered in blood!” They all chuckled as Emmett turned onto a drive way in the middle in the trees.

“Carlisle is a doctor and Esme is eager to meet you, it’s not a problem. They already love you simply because you love Jasper.” Rose explained as Emmett stopped the jeep.

Daddy was about to lift me out when I pushed his hands away. “I will stand on my own, this is embarrassing enough don’t you think?” I whined.