Dinner and Early Night Talks

Esme made Spaghetti and meatballs, along with a delicious chocolate mousse which I had an amazing time trying to finish. "Esme, this is amazingly delicious. This is the best dessert I've ever had in my life, but I fear if I try to eat more I may explode." I joked after having finished half of it.

"I did make a lot, I'm just so excited someone can finally taste my food. You and Bella will have to be my taste testers until you're turned." I couldn't help the rush of jealousy that ran through me but I pushed it away quickly, realizing how dumb it was, though I knew Daddy caught it. "I'll make you breakfast in the morning, any requests?" I shrugged.

"I'm willing to try anything you're willing to make, bacon and eggs is fine, or pancakes, you can never go wrong with the classics." I giggled and she smiled fondly.

"Well would you like to look through the cook book with me and see what you might like to try someday?" I was about to say yes before I felt Daddy's hand on my hip.

"Do you think maybe we can do that tomorrow? I'm being punished tonight." I admitted and tried to shrug it off before seeing her go rigid. "No, not in a bad way. Daddy explained this right?"

"He didn't say anything about punishment..." I suddenly remembered Daddy explaining her husband while she was human and I understood.

"My daddy gives me rules, and when I break the rules I get punished, tonight I have to go to bed early is all, some other day he could give me a timeout, it all depends on how badly I break the rules and for what reason, daddy would never hurt me." I explained to her and she nodded, relaxing.

"Of course not...I'm sorry for thinking that Jasper, I know you would never-"

"It's alright Esme, it's understandable, I'm sure she would be glad to look through the cook book with you tomorrow night, it's Saturday and she is allowed to stay up until 12 tomorrow." She nodded happily.

"Yeah, you and I can get to know each other tomorrow night. I don't know if Alice and Rose asked you but we're going shopping tomorrow, if you're not busy?" I offered and she smiled.

"They did offer, Carlisle and I are spending the day together tomorrow, I'm redecorating our room so we're shopping for it." I nodded in understanding.

"Another day then, I would love to get your input sometime. Goodnight Esme." She hugged me wishing me a good night's sleep before I was escorted up to bed. "You know you're going to need to relax me to get me to fall asleep at 8:30 at night, right?" He nodded.

"Of course my love." He let me borrow some pajamas, which consisted of a pair of his boxers and an old t-shirt. I walked into the bathroom, slipping off my shirt and bra before pulling his shirt on, it was large on me and it came down to about my mid-thigh. I then folded my shirt and bra, stripping my pants and panties off, folding them neatly as well, pulling on the boxers, before walking back out.

"Where can I put these?" He looked at the stack of clothes curiously.

"You fold dirty clothes?" He asked, confused and I chuckled.

"Makes it easier to take them home."

"Why would you take dirty clothes home?" He took them from me, unfolding them all, tossing them into his hamper. "Silly girl." I don't know why, but the thought of him putting my dirty clothes in his hamper made me quite happy and he noticed, smiling down at me knowingly before I hopped into the bed, getting comfy under the warm covers.

"Snuggle me daddy?" He smiled, stripping to his boxers before getting under the covers and spooning me. "How come you have a bed if you don't sleep?" I asked, finally realizing how odd it must be for a vampire.

"Alice told me about you in the 20s, I've always had a bed for the day I finally met you. It's comfortable to relax on anyway, but I always kept up making sure it was the most comfortable bed possible for a human, I got a new one every 5 or 6 years, it was just something I wanted to be prepared for should you ever need to sleep here as a human, which Alice said you would. It worked out."

"That's sweet, thank you daddy." He smiled, kissing my head before asking the question I was really hoping he wouldn't.

"Why did you get jealous when Esme mentioned Bella?" I huffed, not really wanting to discuss how petty I am.

"Can we just forget about that?" I knew the answer before he answered.

"I won't tell anyone little wolf, you can be honest with daddy." He kissed my neck and I giggled slightly before sighing.

"It's going to sound stupid and petty and childish but...I always felt like Renee and Charlie loved Bella more than me, Renee liked playing dress up with me like I told you, and always made sure I was safe but that's just because she thought I was so naïve, Charlie doesn't even talk to me, and Phil and I never got close. Neither did he and Bella but they were closer than me and him...the way my parents look at Bella is the way your parents look at me...I like it, I've never really felt it before and I don't want to share it with my sister I guess...figure they'll end up feeling the same way about Bella...she's just always been better than me. You guys are the first people who don't make me feel inferior to her. I don't want it to go away." I sighed as he held me tighter to his chest, kissing my hair and beginning to make this almost cat like purring noise. "I told you, it's stupid and petty. I'm an insecure little girl."

"No you're not, you're afraid of losing the family you just got after never really having one before, it's understandable. Esme and Carlisle already love you, Bella won't take that away, I promise."

"Even if she tries to?"

"Even then." He chuckled.

"She's always had everything she wanted, but she always made it seem like her own family wasn't good enough for her. She was spoiled and loved beyond measure by not just our parents but Phil, and all our grandparents before they died, and it still wasn't good enough. I don't understand that!" Jasper rubbed his hand up and down my side comfortingly as I spoke to him and I had to admit, I found it quite relaxing.

"Don't worry too much, I promise Bella won't treat you badly here, not even Edward would let her. He may not want to damn your soul but he likes you, and likes how you've changed me. If Bella thinks she's going to treat you badly she has another thing coming in this house, especially with Rose, Emmett and Alice. They're all quite mad that Edward has allowed a human who is not his mate to know about us."

"Just promise me something?"

"If I can." I sighed, turning around and looking him in the eyes.

"You told me about what the Volturi would do, you know if they found out about a human who's not a mate...if you end up leaving, take me with you...please don't leave me behind?" I begged with tears in my eyes, he looked offended by the very notion.

"Of course not little wolf, daddy would never leave you!" He exclaimed. As I was about to continue talking he leaned over to the bedside table and leaned back, shoving a paci in my mouth, stunning me. "Sleep now baby girl. You have a long day tomorrow." I looked up at him confused. "Oh you thought shopping would be fun? Be prepared for your feet to bleed little wolf." I giggled, snuggling into him as I felt his gift washing over me, allowing me to drift into unconsciousness.