Chapter 1: Anything for You

Chapter 1

Anything for You

In all retrospect, he was always mine, even when he wasn't. I didn't care about ownership or titles. Love wasn't about ownership anyway. It was all about partnership, and he was my partner in this game called life. He belonged to me even when others around didn't have a clue. I knew this man better than I knew myself. I knew him from the crown of his head to the soles of his feet. I could give you the number of hairs on his head if you asked. I knew him like I knew my favorite melody.

Every single oooh...

Every single ahh...

The man was the lyrics to my favorite song, and I was there to correct anyone that got one word wrong.

No one knew him better than me. Not even his fiancé.

My entire life consisted of being the man sought after but never chosen. The man on the side. Player number two. The "sidenigga." I had no problem fulfilling the void someone else's significant other couldn't fill. I enjoyed the chase and thrill of having something that was forbidden. It was a role I took pride in and a game I enjoyed playing.

Well, that was until I met him. My legs got tired of the chase along the way, and I fell straight into love. I didn't just fall in love either. I tripped, fumbled, and dropped straight into love. When I caught feelings for anyone, I invested my all into the relationship. The sidenigga title just wasn't enough anymore. When I was in love, I loved hard, and I was in love with Marquis Coleman, and I was willing to do any and everything for him.

"Where are you, Mason? Hurry up. I need you." His voice chirped through the phone. Just hearing his high-pitched voice, my dick got rock hard. I fed off the desperation. The distress. The deprivation. The need for me and only me.

You see, three months ago, he wanted to put an end to our two-year relationship. Something about wanting to be faithful now that his man placed a rock on his finger. I didn't trip at first because I thought he was only talking out of the side of his neck. However, once my phone calls and text messages started to go days without responses, I knew he was trying to get me out of his system. I was the habit he was trying to break. The addiction he wanted to get rid of. Marquis was trying to detox me out of his life, and I couldn't have that.

With the mysterious car flats, burglaries, and even death threats, Marquis still didn't pick up the phone to call me. He was going out of his way to avoid me with every chance he got. Marquis ignored me like my entire essence was drenched with Ebola, and I couldn't lie like it didn't hurt because it did. It broke my soul.

Because I was also his boss, I could only admire him at work. Even then, he only gave me attention when it was mandatory, and I made every little situation mandatory.