Chapter 14: Reality for you

It was the weekend

It was the weekend. A Saturday to be exact. Two days after Dwight showed up to my job and made a scene in front of everybody. A day after Mason confronted me for avoiding him every odd second at work. Both Dwight and Mason was passing through my mind for two completely different reasons. Dwight was bringing up Mason supposedly infatuation with me every chance he got. If I wanted food, he would jokingly tell me to get my new boyfriend to get it. If I wanted to spend time with him, he would say to me to call Mason. I asked him to go to the movies, and he asked me wouldn't I rather be seen in Mason's Porsche. I mean it was kind of funny at first, but after a while the joke got stale. Mason, on the other hand, was asking me how my day was going or asking if I wanted to go and get some coffee on a rainy or chilly day. After I thanked him and turned him down nicely, he started asking me about my future career goals and plans to get there. Truthfully, talking to him was becoming easier than having a civilized conversation with my boyfriend.

Still, one was supposed to be on my mind, and the one that shouldn't have was invading my every thought.

"And you saw him butt ass naked?" Yolanda trilled loudly with her hands covering Malik's ears.

I looked around to make sure nobody heard her. The classical elevator shopping medley played softly in the air as Yolanda and I trudged through the local shopping mall. After she apologized for taking my words the wrong way, she basically forced me to tag along while she shopped for new lingerie. Because I was bored on my day off, I figured there wasn't anything else to do.

"You saw your boss butt ass naked?" She asked louder than before not bothering to cover Malik's ears this time.

"Yes, I saw him naked," I explained nonchalantly while pushing a playful Malik in the shopping cart.

"Okay bitch, give me the details. Like is he sexy, how big is the pipe? Do it look like he can do damage. How did you even see him naked? She asked me while folding her arms. "It's tea time so get to spilling."

"Well," I paused thinking about how weird I stumbled on Mason's nudity, "it definitely wasn't intentional. A couple of coworkers and I were going on lunch break. I realized I left my phone on my desk and headed back to get it. I made the mistake of glancing up to his office's window, and there he stood in his full glory."

"Wait, so it wasn't up and close. How did you even know if it was him?"

I kissed my teeth. "Yolanda, it's his office, and he was the only one in there. Plus it was close enough where I could see his face. It was definitely him. Trust me."

"Was his dick bigger than Dwight's?"

"Yolanda stop being a hoe for a second? This is serious. I've been lusting for this man ever since I saw that. I was doing my best in avoiding him because of the whole Dwight scene, but seeing him like that made it harder."