Chapter 3

By the third morning Leon had turned up. Even though he knew things weren't right but he couldn't turn up until I had made peace with Sid. He wasn't a member of my pack but because he is my uncle he could feel disturbances like the gale force attack when a family member uses it. And that was why he was on our doorstep bright and early, ready to find out what was going on and how he was going to help me deal with it. Sid's black eye was slowly fading; I had offered some of my make up to cover it but he just looked at me like I was crazy. While I was with Leon and Phil, Sid looked after the children. I think he needed time to re-evaluate what he truly held dear to his life. He was so flippant with the thought that his life was mundane. The reality was that he missed the night life of the VIP room, the club that he probably spent the majority of his night in. He probably had a different woman in his bed every night before I came along. But how could I make life different for him? He chose this life with me, he didn't need to create a house for us to live in but he did. Sure Dylan wasn't exactly planned and I guess neither was Kayla but he knew the pitfalls of unprotected sex.

"The wolf is in dire need of training." Leon mused as he looked at me. "Maybe Cody should come back for more meditation."

"No." I grumped.

"Why not? There is no issue of his claim, he is still a valued member of your pack, what issue is there Veronica?"

Well, what was my issue? The only issue I had previously was Sid's jealousy but after the recent events I was ready to tell him to stick his jealousy where it fitted.

"Nothing. So long as he behaves himself he can return."

"Very good. Now, next moon I want you to turn. Take your son out and run with your pack. Do you think Kayla will be ready?"

"Unlikely. She can stay at home with her father."

"Very good." Leon rubbed the stubble on his jaw. "Now, continue with the gym, I think the physical fitness will build stability and help you turn. Ok?" he grinned at me.

"Ok."

"As for the dark arts, I don't know what else I can do for you. My father would have been able to help you but not anymore."

"You can't do the dark arts?"

"Some things I can, like when I did the bait and separate that night when you were with that awful family. What you did was far different to what I did. The bait and separate is a calling dark art whereas the gale force is an attack dark art."

"So what does it mean?"

"Well you need to look at the situation that you were in. You were feeding, you were angry and hurt. The person that held your anger was being drained of her life and the person who held your hurt was trying to stop you from feeding. Instinct took over, thinking that he was trying to rob you of your feed and you stopped him. Either that or you wanted to kill him." Leon grinned darkly at me.

I gulped hard. Did I really want to kill Sid? I certainly wanted the woman dead but my husband? Surely not.

"Not possible." I said low.

"Are you sure of that Veronica? In your eyes, he was cheating on you. The wolf had taken over your body, pushed the vampire so far away that you could hardly hear anything. You said you couldn't hear anything but static, that's an enraged feed for a werewolf. If Phil hadn't walked in when he did, you would have certainly killed the girl, then your attention would have been directed to Sid. Sadly, if Curtis was still in the room he would have been next."

"No." I whispered tears spilling out "You're wrong, I couldn't hurt my best friend."

"Ronnie, I saw your eyes." Phil said from across the desk "They were pure white, that means one thing only in our world. Pure anger, you would have fed until someone stopped you. Friend or no friend, it wouldn't matter."