Chapter 9

I got to meet Phil's brother, Sam. Sam the doctor. Sam who looked nothing like his bulking brother. Well he did look like him, a small weedy version of Phil. His thin frame leaned toward my body as he checked me, asking me lots of questions. He was a paler version of Phil, the same dark blonde hair, the same brilliant hazel eyes. Phil was a buzz cut, Sam was a long at the front and short at the back style. Sam was impeccably dressed in a suit, even at this hour of the night he was dressed like it was nine am and he was on his way to work. He wrapped my wrist stating that it was just a sprain. After checking me over he said that I would be fine, that it wasn't a very big dose of the knock out drug that I had been given. If anything, I would have a really good night's sleep, be groggy in the morning and probably most of tomorrow. I should rest, apparently he didn't know what I was like. Phil snorted with a little laugh, Sam looked at him clearly wondering why he thought it was funny.

"Are you here for a reason?" Sam said dryly as he looked at his brother.

"Yes, I needed to speak with my alpha, is that alright with you?"

"Alright boys, enough. Phil maybe we should have an urgent meeting."

It was like they were all at the door listening, piling into the room as soon as I suggested having a meeting. Even Dylan was awake. He climbed up onto my lap and nestled into my embrace. Even though he had no idea what had happened, he knew something was wrong.

"I've sent an urgent message to all members." Phil starts as everyone settles into their seats.

Sid was still on the lounge beside me. Curtis and Stewart were on the seats opposite us. Lucinda walked in with Kayla in her arms, instantly her arms were out and she repeated the one word she knew. Mum. Lucinda smiled at me sweetly as she put Kayla onto my lap beside Dylan, then went and sat beside Phil.

"They know what is expected of them, they will kill on sight."

"And the pack they came from?"

"Said they were exemplary members and can't understand what possessed them to do this."

"Do you believe that?"

"Yeah, I do. The fellow seemed really shocked. He said that he would take them back if they survived the night."

"Even after they abducted an alpha?"

"Like I said, he was shocked. Remember the only reason they left that pack was because of some really well-paying job."

"Wait." Curtis interrupts "What if abducting Ronnie was the really well-paying job?"

"If that's the case then who paid them?" Stuart adds.

"There isn't a wolf alive that would order a hit or an abduction. This has to be either human or vampire."

"Well, come on people." I looked around the room "Who would want this?"

Their faces were bewildered, none of them had an answer, none of them knew who would want to abduct me or kill me. I was a born leader therefore there was no issues of power play or anyone trying to usurp the leadership, no, somewhere along the way I had pissed someone off. But who? Julius and Harry were dead; I knew Noah held no issues with me. If he did, he could have bundled me into the car and taken off, instead he hugged me as I cried. He had stated he held no issue over Julius and Harry's death but was that the truth? Was he lying? Could it have been someone who held a grudge because they were refused entry into my group? Was it the girl that Sid kissed, out for revenge for being kicked out? The list was growing fast and I hadn't realised how many people I had annoyed.