Chapter 8

Phil refused to leave until I was placated enough that I wouldn't hurt anyone. Only problem was with the lingering doubt, my eyes remained a very pale blue. Lucinda was fussing over the children, enjoying every moment of it. Sid had gone down to the club to ensure everything was running smoothly for the duty manager. Just like he did every night. Curtis was down there as he always was and Stuart was somewhere hidden and watching. Phil could see the unease in my persona, I was giving away far more than I wanted to.

"What's going on?"

"Stuarts got a honey trap down there."

Phil grinned and shook his head.

"Of course he has. So why the worry?"

"I don't know."

"I'll tell you what, if you promise me you will do everything in your power to keep your cool, we can go down there and see what's happening. Ok?"

"Ok." I smiled at him.

Phil was going to go down the front stairs, playing it cool as he walked through the VIP room and continued into the main area where the majority of his pack were enjoying the night. Everything would be done normally so that no one would take any notice. I slipped down the back stairs and into the staff area, there was no one here at this time of the night, everyone was out attending to the patrons. So why did I feel so uneasy? Quietly I closed the door, it clicked shut with the beeping of the key pad lock. I could hear something odd from the bathroom, the feint sounds of a woman. The light overhead hummed, flicking as it slowly started to die. There was light emanating from the bathroom, the door opened a crack as it always was. It might have been a communal bathroom but the toilet stalls were separated by a wall and a row of sinks. There was only one toilet stall that was shut, the women's toilet. My heart sank as I crept closer to the moans, hearing her pant his name. The door was unlocked as I pushed it open. Sid wasn't in here but Phyllis was.

"I didn't think you would trust him." a dark voice laughed from behind me.

I spun around completely shocked. The main door closed and Austin was standing there, watching me as he always did. He leaped at me and sank a syringe into my neck, the world around me darkened as I fell into his arms.

****************************************

My head banged against something hard as I slowly regained consciousness. I was somewhere dark, I was bound and gagged. The sound of a car engine was a dull hum below me, I looked around, I was in a boot. Inwardly I huffed, I had fallen for the stupid lie and gotten myself abducted. Phil was going to be pissed. No, Phil was going to be frantic, blaming himself and probably going ape at everybody. Sid would be more frantic than Phil could ever be, he would know that I didn't trust him enough, that the whole horrid nightmare of that woman was coming back to haunt him. I had to escape, my babies were at home, my Sid was at home, they were waiting for me. Feeling around the crusty carpet I could feel heaps of things. Were they that stupid that they didn't clear out the boot before abducting me or was this a spur of the moment thing? I would lay money on the fact that it was unplanned, or at least this part was unplanned. My hands moved around finding something cold and metal. It was an axe and let's just say that it wasn't a very nice thing to find when I had just been abducted. I rubbed the rope over the blade eventually freeing my hands and my legs. It hurt pulling the tape off my mouth but it had to be done. Fangs are a good weapon.

I gripped the axe hard as the car slowed, my heart was racing. The car hadn't stopped; the engine was still running. I could hear a repetitive clicking sound, it had to be the indicator. We were at a set of lights maybe? Looking at the axe I thought there was no better time like the present and hacked it to where the lock was. The car must have been old, it only took a few times and the boot lifted up. We were at a set of lights and I was faced with one very shocked motorist in his car. But this was no ordinary motorist, no this was one very old memory, sitting there very stunned. I climbed out of the boot, hearing noises from the front of the vehicle. Austin had gotten out of the car and was stalking around to me. He lunged at me and held me, trying to get me back into the car. I kicked hard, sending him to the ground. I fell backwards, landing on my wrist. Pain shot through me as my fingers tingled. Finally, Noah got out of the car and started laying into Austin.