Chapter 11

Sid was enthusiastic about Cody's plan, in his opinion Cody had gotten something right for once. He had gone downstairs to ensure opening went smoothly, made sure all that entered the VIP room were understanding of what was about to happen. I had dressed Dylan and Kayla in play clothes, knowing that this could end up a mess of blood. Sid wouldn't be impressed, I knew it. He was always about having an air of pride about us because I was the leader. But the mother in me took over and dressed them as if it was an ordinary day, because it was just that. If this was to become a regular thing, then the children should feel at ease, not worrying about if they got blood on their expensive clothes. Phil was at the door with Lucinda as I opened the door, waiting to take us downstairs.

"Everything is ready, those in the room are fully clothed and just feeding. The bouncer has held off all new entries until this is done."

"And those in the room?"

"Checked and fine."

Kayla was still clingy as she gripped at my dress, trying to nuzzle into the crook of my neck. After what Cody said about her grizzling and the fact that she does exactly this, I wonder if she can smell blood and doesn't understand what is going on. Dylan held my hand as we descended the stairs into the VIP room. He had never been brought through here when it was open, this was a whole new world to him. Sid was waiting at the bottom of the stairs, scooping him up into his arms.

"Are you ready Dylan?"

He shook his head and gripped his neck with his tiny arms.

"It's ok, I'll be there with you. These are our friends, you can sit with me if you like and watch how I do it, how does that sound?"

"Ok." Dylan said very quietly.

The door to the main club section had been closed to seal out the noise of the music. There were probably a dozen people in the VIP room, Stuart and Curtis included. We sat at the back of the room, in the corner of the lounge, Sid and Dylan on one side of the corner, Kayla and I on the other. Sid had selected a human woman that he thought Dylan would be most at ease with, she was young probably early twenties.

"Oh you are the cutest!" she cooed over Dylan.

Instantly he shied into his father, watching her with a scowl. The woman smiled at him and then held her wrist out to Sid.

"Watch what daddy does."

Sid took her wrist and sank his fangs in, the girl suppressed a moan which Dylan heard.

"What's wrong with her?"

"She likes what daddy's doing." I said "That's her body telling her how much she liked it."

"You aren't upset mummy?"

Sid looked at me, knowing exactly why Dylan asked that question.

"No darling, this is different. We need to do this to survive and by doing this at her wrist, daddy knows that mummy doesn't mind."

He looked around, seeing Curtis close by. Curtis and his fangs sunk into the neck of one very good looking man.

"Uncle Curtis isn't."

"That's because Dale doesn't mind when he's feeding. There is no love when we feed, this is just to fill our tummies. Would you like to have a turn?"

He nodded as Sid moved her wrist to him.

"Just a little bit ok?"

Dylan sank two little fangs into the woman's wrist, as she let out another moan his eyes closed, slowly suckling at her skin. Kayla watched with serious interest, her little nose sniffed the air. I gestured for a woman to come over, she sat beside me and held out her wrist. The instant she clamped onto the woman's wrist, I knew I should have done this with Dylan long ago. My little grizzly bear was a happy baby.