Chapter 7

The room was full of people chatting and laughing, the sounds of phones being used, children playing, all waiting for us. Chairs had been set up in two sections that faced the back wall away from the entrance. In the centre was an aisle that we walked up, did the little ceremony and then spent hours of mindlessly mingling and chatting. It was just one big social function. The bar staff were waiting patiently, Phil was at the back of the room with Stuart and Curtis. Behind them were the new members, Austin was with them. I frowned wondering why he was there, he had already done it, he should be seated. Phil could obviously see my confused face and wandered over.

"Austin wishes to perform the act in front of the entire group, last night was a requirement so he could run with us."

"Oh ok."

As we approached the beginning of the aisle I put Kayla on the ground, this was going to be interesting. Dylan would take her hand and lead her up the aisle, but with so many people watching her I wasn't sure if she would do it. Curtis scurried around the exterior and waited at the other end of the aisle hopefully he would be able to entice her. Dylan took her hand and I could see she was holding on very tight as she walked very close to him. She watched everyone, shying into him. Everyone was enthralled by how cute they were. Sid took my arm above his, holding my hand in one very grand gesture. The look on his face was one that I had never seen. He had an air of arrogance to him, like he was master of everything and wanted to make sure everyone knew it. Well, I'm guessing one person in particular.

Kayla made it to the end without tears or running away, wrapping herself into Curtis like her life depended on it. I knew he loved it, he loved being Uncle Curtis. He took them to the seats on the side and kept them quiet, watching as we approached. It was all very formal and boring; I knew this was an important gesture for new members to know that they are fully accepted but this is as interesting as watching grass grow. As my right hand men for both sides, Phil and Stuart walked up side by side, an act that showed them as equals in my eyes. They stood to the left of me, Sid was on the right. It was one big pissing contest for him, he would be holding my hand for the act, therefore if someone was to try and kiss my hand again, guess what they would get to see? One set of wedding rings on my left hand. I wasn't sure if he knew I had him figured, I knew he wouldn't care if I did. Once Phil and Stuart were in place the parents walked down first, then Austin a few steps behind. The three of them stopped in a row in front of me, Phil stepped forward.

"Lady alpha Veronica Haliwell I present Stanley Lloyd."

The father dropped to his knee with his head lowered. He was tall like Austin, looking like an older version of him only his hair was much darker. The blonde came from his mother who was a short woman with a thin frame, her hair pulled back into a neat bun. All of them were dressed beautifully. Stanley and Austin were in full suits, Stanley was in a pin stripe, Austin was in a black suit. The mother was in a knee length beige linen dress with small cap sleeves.

"My lady alpha, I devote my allegiance and loyalty to you, to your family and to your pack."

"I accept your devotion and welcome you to my pack, arise Stanley."

He stood with a smile and a little nod.

"Thank you my lady."

"Phyllis Lloyd." Phil interrupted, trying to push it along.

She dropped to her knee and repeated the act, word for word the both of us continued with the dull repetition.

"Austin Lloyd."

Again he devoted himself to me, but this time he did not try and kiss my knuckles nor did he touch a single hair on my body. I wondered if Sid was wishing he would to give him reason to beat him up or have him kicked out. As he stood from the ground I watched his eyes, they were fixed on me but they were wary, probably because Sid was trying to kill him with his death stare.