New Problems

Pudding Cup's POV

Police Hat made a clear point to get everyone organized and doing something in the morning.

He suggested that we take a look around the area we were in, so that we could get a better feel for the place, and maybe see some spots we could assist in.

I honestly just want to be as far from Orange as possible, this is the second time he's harmed me completely unprovoked. Well, okay not completely unprovoked, I guess I said something that pissed him off, but his reaction was over the top.

And my face is feeling just fine, thank you very much. It kinda stings, but other than that, I'm okay.

We stepped out of the Day And Night hotel to look at the sights in daylight for the first time. The buildings were really colorful, and you could see more objects walking around the streets, chatting.

The local park was nearby, so we all walked over there to discuss what we were doing next.

"So, Police Hat, are we going to be staying here?" Lemon asked.

"I think this place is safe, for all of us. So yeah, we're staying." Police Hat nodded. Everyone seemed to agree with that idea, even Orange. Then Police Hat continued to talk about how we could help out while we were here, but all of us casually chatted, for the most part.

Then something tapped me on my arm.

I jerked away instinctively, but then saw that it was just a little object.

"You're Pudding Cup, aren't you?" She asked. She looked like a brown, blank picture frame.

"...yeah." I replied. Does this sudden attention from a random stranger exist because I'm on Object Illusion? I should've expected something like this to happen eventually.

Then she started to get super excited, and grinned end to end.

"Oh my gosh, I'm a HUGE fan! Here, can we, can we get a picture?" She squeals. I don't even get the chance to reply when she takes her phone out and flashes a picture of the two of us.

I have no idea what happened after that, but in a matter of seconds, we were surrounded by crazy fans, all clamouring for something.

"Um, w-we need to get out of here!" Police Hat whispers to me. I nod, this is definitely too close for comfort.

"Okay, um, excuse me, but I have to leave..." I say to the small crowd, attempting to push my way through.

I(miraculously) make my way through using a duck and run strategy while the other objects were busy with everyone else.

After this...I seriously do not want to go out in public EVER again.

Police Hat comes out of the fray looking a bit overwhelmed and dizzy, but he should be okay. I feel a bit uncomfortable as well.

Somebody short comes up to Police Hat again, asking him a question that I couldn't hear.

"Okay, um, we need to be going now...guys? W-we gotta go..."

"Police Hat, I think we should just go.  They'll know where to find us."

"Okay...sure."

We walked back to the hotel room and just settled down for a bit.  Police Hat looked a LOT calmer after a few minutes, and then chose that chance to strike up a bit of conversation.

"So...that was crazy."

"Ya think?  I don't know if I'll ever show up in public ever again after that incident."