•Chapter 9: It's not over•

I turn over to my other side and collide with Rocky. His soft fur encases my face and I pull him into a warm hug. As my sleep begins to apart from me, I feel my body and how its laying on my soft, spongy bed. My forehead creases as I try to remember how I got here from last night. My mind gets tangled in its thoughts and I begin to recall my heartache from last night. I try to recollect my thoughts and decide to get up. My feet touch the cold floor. My body begs for food but it's the one thing I want least. I've been eating less and less now, I just have no desire for it as I used to. My weight has gone down. I can see my new pronounced cheekbones in the bathroom mirror. My eyes still have the deep red circles around them. My lips, dry and pale, looked as if they receive no blood. I stretch my skin out as I look at myself and see that my color has faded too.

I grab one of my old jackets and cover my exposed skin. Alice notices me walk into the kitchen, "Scarlett...?" I turn my head to see her reading a magazine on the counter. "Yes?" My voice is strained. Alice grips her coffee and takes a sip, "The medicine you ordered last week arrived today." She maintains her lips pursed. "You didn't tell me you were going through depression..." Her voice turns stern, something rarely heard from Alice. I suddenly don't know what to say to her. "I-I didn't think you..." I let out a sigh. "I'm sorry."

Alice lifts herself off the wooden kitchen stool, leaving her coffee behind.

"Is it Henry?"

I feel the rush of tears flowing to my eyes. I close them and, with my navy jacket, wipe away the escaping tears. I bring my hand to my mouth. "Mhm..." I mumble. She takes me into a hug, one that I've needed for a long time. "How about this? You take your pills, I'm gonna go out and grab us some lunch?"

"I'm not really hungry..."

"I'll bring you the smallest portion, but you really have to eat."

I nod and she replies with a soft smile. She disappears out the kitchen and closes the main door. I listen to Alice's advice and take the instructed amount of pills. After going around the kitchen, cleaning up the dishes and wiping the counter, I walk upstairs. I go into my room and close the door behind me. Rocky leaps off the bed to greet me. He's always extra hyper when Im sad, just to lighten my mood. I start arranging my clothes into my drawer, in front of my bed. In my hands I held my soft blue tie dyed shirt that I made back in high school. With my fingers, I feel the softness of the old shirt and I suddenly hear a scratch. And a bang on the floor. The sound continues and Rocky begins to bark. My hands start to tremble, I drop the shirt.

The scratches continued, they sounded deep. Whatever was doing the noise took their time with each scratch. Rocky keeps barking and I finally build up the courage to turn around. My eyes scatter around the entire scene. The wall behind my bed had the words "Your body" scratched into them. Whatever it was kept writing more words. And the more it wrote the more shavings fell on the floor and on my bed. My heart begins to pound and I start to breathe quicker. My eyes knew what they were seeing but my mind did not believe it was real. "No no no..." I whimper as the next word was completed. My feet begin to go backwards, "Please! Please stop!" I scream. Finally the last word was completed. "Mine" The tail of the "E" was long and was dragged out an inch. I stare in horror at the full sentence. "Your body is mine."

The last breath of air escaped from my lungs. "This can't be happening again! I thought you were gone!" I screamed through my sobs. "What do you fucking want?! You're not real! You're not real!" I fall to my knees. "Leave me alone!" My voice fills the room. I stumble back up and manage to get control over my legs to walk towards the door. I turn open the knob and a face of a girl meets with mine. Her face is icy blue matching with her darker blue lips. Her hair is damp as if she ran in the rain. She was wearing wet clothes, leaving a huge puddle under her feet. My eyes couldn't comprehend.