•Chapter 12: The beginning of the end• •Part 3 of 4•

They follow me up the stairs, slowly walking towards me. I begin to walk backwards until I reach the entrance to my room. "Scarlett please. You most likely haven't taken your medication."

"Alice!" I scream, "I'm not fucking crazy! I know what I saw! I know what I'm saying ok?!"

They remain right outside my door, in front of the railing. As I was talking to Alice, Nathan and Annalise appeared. Both in soaking wet clothes and blue skin.

Annalise spoke again, "They're not going to believe you. Stop trying."

I begin to creep backwards, distancing myself from them. "What's wrong?" I hear Alice comment.

Nathan opened his mouth, "Only those we allow can see what you see. We didn't expose these things to them. We only wanted you to see them." He flashes me a smile, leaving his blue fleshy gums in the open

I begin to cry, "Please, please leave me alone! I don't know what you want!"

"It happened long ago. On November 12, 1755, our father had gone behind our mothers back, cheated on her." Nathan began to explain.
"She went crazy." Said Annalise
"And drowned us both, right in your bathroom. And our slaves, who raised us..."
"Our nanny." Annalise cut in
"Yes, she was furious that our mother killed her children so she set our house on fire with the help of her husband."

"The townspeople found out and hung them both."

"Our souls, our young souls stayed behind. To live we needed to possess objects or people. In this case, Annalise's host was the doll in which you destroyed." Their faces both mold into frowns, inhuman like frowns.

"No, no I didn't know. I'm sorry!" I whimpered

"I needed to inhabit the poor body of your lovely Henry in order to reach you. You see, it's been years since a woman has walked into this house. Therefore, I inhabited the bodies of many men in hopes of getting a woman's body for my poor Annalise."

"So Henry isn't real?"

"Actually yes, he was a prior tenant in this house and when I noticed you fell in love with him... it was the perfect plan. All I had to do was possess him. But he was very strong and I could only possess him in certain moments. But my plan worked in the end."

"No... this can't be happening! You bastard! You killed him!"
"And Im going to kill you too."

I began to bang the sides of my head, "Leave me alone." I murmured. "Leave me alone. Leave me alone." I closed my eyes to concentrate on my voice.

"You're mine Scarlett. You're mine." Nathan's voice echoed in the room.

"Leave me alone!" My head jerks up and I charge into Nathan. Pushing him off the balcony, his limp body laying at the foot of the stairs. A wave of relief runs through my veins until Alice gives out a loud scream. She runs down the stairs to the body on the ground. I stop and stare at her picking up the body, holding it in her arms. She started to bury her head in his chest. "No! No! This can't happen...Chris! Chris wake up!"

"Chris?!"

I rush down the stairs to see the damage that I caused.

"Don't come near me!"

"Alice! I swear I didn't know-I thought-..."

————-