•Chapter 13: The beginning of the end• •Part 4 of 4•

She called the police and they took me away. Stuck me into the questioning room. The more I retold the story, the more crazy I sounded. I never cried more than I did on that night. The worst night of my life. They sat me in a room and had two officers watch over me.

"No, this woman's insane." They whispered to each other

"Yeah, I heard she hung her dogs."

"And killed her friends boyfriend."

"She's all sorts of crazy, said a two ghosts were terrorizing her the whole time."

"Yeah, I'll believe that when pigs fly."

They both eyed me up and down.

-

I coughed in order to clear my throat. "I stayed in jail before the judge ruled me as a person with a mental disability and deemed me unstable."

My eyes begin to refocus back on the man with the clipboard. "That's when they sent me here..." I ended my story to return to complete silence.

The man sat there and pushed up his glasses. "Psh, I knew you wouldn't believe me." My eyes trailed back to my white jacket, which kept me in a tight lock.

The man clears his throat before beginning. "You know miss, I was here to test your mental conditions, see its progress..." I once again study his face, his emerald green eyes bringing memories of my late lover boy. My eyes squint in order to capture more details of his face.

"It's been how long since you've been established here?"

"Two weeks."

"And the ghosts..., spirits I should say, are they gone?"

"Yes, which is why I don't mind staying here."

"Well, according to my records this Henry was an anesthesiologist?"

I direct my attention to him immediately. "Yes...?"
"Lucky me."

"I'm sorry?" My face expresses confusion. I look at his eyes only to see that they're shifting to a dark, chocolate brown.

"No! No!" I scream trying to shuffle away from him. My jacket allowing little movement for me to defend myself. He sees my efforts to run away and he stands up from his chair. Taking just a few steps, he catches up to me and crouches down to the floor.

"You know," he grabs my chin and extends it upward, exposing my neck. "I told you..." He pulls a needle from his leg and bite off the cap, showing the needle. He says his next words slowly as he rolled his tongue over his words. "Your body is mine."

-the end