03

Ryota sat down on a chair, waiting in a cafe. He got a text one day from you,  saying that you had spotted a newly opened cafe and wanted to try it out with him. You had told him that it offered western confectionary, which he liked; so the two of you had agreed to go when both of your day offs lined up.

Ryota sighed as he looked at his watch, wondering where you were. And in moments time, you had arrived. "Sorry, I'm late, Ryo-kun!"

"It's fine. You're not that late, anyways." you said as he gestured you to sit down on the chair across of him. You let out a sigh, as tried to catch your breath from running from the station. "So, what made you late?" he asked, as he called for a waiter.

"Huh? Ah. Overslept." you simply said.

He plainly stared at you, judgingly, "I have a reason!" you said defensively.

"Sure. Ah, I'll have a mocha hot latte... And a cheesecake." he told the waiter. 

"I'll have a caramel frappe, and a strawberry shortcake." you told the waiter. And as soon as the waiter left, Ryota looked at you and questioned, "So, why did you oversleep?"

"I had a job up until late last night. So... I got home late and tired. Woke up to remember that we were meeting up today and rushed to get ready." you explained. "See, I have a good reason."

Ryota sighed and let it pass, making you laugh sheepishly. You then noticed the novel he had brought, "Oh. You read that?" you pointed at the novel laying on top of the table.

"Hm? Yeah. I watched the movie adaption the other day with Ken, so I got interested in reading it." he explained to you, and opened the book to where he had bookmarked it. "Oh! That's a nice bookmark!" you said, noticing the bookmark. 

"It's the primrose flower from before, remember?" he handed to you the bookmark, to which you examined it. It was a laminated bookmark with a pressed purple flower, with a tinged yellow center, and on the top part of the bookmark is a tied pink ribbon.

"Primrose... Ah, from our first job together!" you exclaimed, remembering when they were still new to the agency. "Wahhh, it's been a long time since then, huh?"

Ryo smiled, "Yeah." the waiter soon arrived with your orders and started to dig in.

"It's delicious~" you said, as you took another bite from your cake. "So, how is it?" you then asked Ryota. 

The boy nodded, as he took another bite. You giggled, before noticing Ryota occasionally looking at your cake. You stared at him, which he noticed and asked curiously, "What?"

"Want to try it?" you asked him, pushing the cake slightly towards him. "It's delicious~"

He hesitated for a moment before refusing , "It's fine."

"Ehhh~ Come on, I know you want to try it." you urged him to try it, but Ryota merely ignored it and went back to finishing his cake. Pouting, she took a piece from her strawberry shortcake, "What are you doing?" he asked you, figuring out her intention.

"Just try it. I know you want to." she urged one more time.

Sighing, he gave up and let you feed him the piece. "Delicious, right?"

He merely ignored you as he drank from his latte and nodded slightly. "Yeah." he muttered, feeling himself blush a bit.