06

Ryota checks his phone for the nth time that day, he was free for the rest of the day and unconsciously waited for your messages. "Waiting for [Name]-chan to ask you out?~" Ken appeared from behind him, surprising him. Glaring at his friend for his words, he shoved his phone into his pocket and said, "No, of course not."

Ken grinned, knowing all too well of his best friend, "Maybe she just isn't free today." he said, trying to assure him.

Clicking his tongue, he denied that he was awaiting for a message from you, "I told you--"

"Ryo! Ken!" Kou called out his two friends, jogging in the hallway to catch up to them. "Oh, Kou~ Hey." Ken greeted.

"Where are you two headed?" the blonde asked.

"We were just heading to the elevator..." Ryota replied before Ken could, "You?"

"Same. Want to go somewhere-- Oh, won't [Name] invite you somewhere?" Kou had asked, but Ryota merely sighed as Ken chuckled. "No, we're not going anywhere today." Ryota strongly argued as he glared once more at Ken to stop laughing.

"[Name]'s apparently busy." Ken said with a shrug. Kou, however, looked at them confusingly, "Really? But she doesn't have anything scheduled this afternoon. I saw her earlier this morning, and she told me that she was free this afternoon. I thought that she would invite you like usual, but I didn't bother asking since it was already normal..." Kou said, looking at Ryota.

"Maybe something personal came up..." Ken then said, looking at Ryota as well. Noticing this, he quickly said, "Wait! Why are you guys telling me this!? It's not automatic that when the two of us were free, we'd go out somewhere!"

Ken sighed, "Ryo... Are you that dense?" he asked as he placed a hand on Ryota's shoulder.

"I don't want to hear that from you!" Ryota slapped Ken's hand, annoyed that out of all people, it was Ken who had told him that. Kou calmed the two down, "It'll be fine. I'm sure [Name] has her reasons."

"Even Kou..." Ryota sighed, "Whatever, let's just go already." he said, as he walked to the elevator with Ken and Kou following behind him.

As they reached the elevator, they had passed by a flier, which Ken had noticed. "Hey guys..." Ryota and Kou stopped walking and looked back at Ken, who was already reading the contents of the flier. "What's wrong, Ken?" Kou asked.

The blue haired boy showed the flier to the two, "[Name]'s... debuting?" the content of the flier had you and a few other names, listed down. But what shocked them the most was that you were one of the candidates to debut that year, "[Name]'s going to debut...?" Ryota took the flier and read the contents, shocked at the news. Ken and Kou merely looked at each other, before looking at their friend worriedly.

"Ryo...?" Ken cautiously calls his friend's name, "Didn't you hear anything from [Name]?"

The boy shook his head before sighing, as if realizing something, "No wonder she hasn't been free recently... Even if she was, she didn't invite me like usual..." for the past two weeks, he had hardly seen you in the agency, nor had he been able to contact you. If he was able to see you, you would have been to busy to hold a conversation together.

"So, this news wasn't just released today?" Kou asked, pertaining to the flier. Ryota shrugged, "Probably not... Maybe just the flier, but they've probably had this planned for weeks now."

The three friends stayed silent, not only because Ryota's feeling down, but because they couldn't debut this year either. After a few moments, Ryota took out his phone and started typing. "What are you doing, Ryo?" Kou asked, noticing his friend's actions.

"Just a little something..." when he had finished, just before he could press send, he felt Ken and Kou look from his shoulder and the two smiled. "Hey, send in from us too!" Ken said

"Huh? Why?"

"Just do it~"

"Do it on your own phone..." Ryota argued. Ken quickly grabbed Ryota's phone and quickly typed in the message Ryota had composed. Ryota soon snatched his phone back from Ken but saw that Ken had already sent it in. "Ken!"

Ken merely laughed it off, "Well... That just means that we'll have to work even harder to debut, right Kou?"

Kou nodded, "Yeah." he agreed, smiling at Ryota.

The silver haired boy sighed, seeing how his two friends had just brushed off what had happened earlier, but smiled at them nonetheless, "Yeah."

Back in your room, you had been lying down on your bed, staring at the ceiling for the past hour or so. You had been told two weeks ago, that you would debut with a few other people. Due to that, you had been busy preparing for the announcement and such. Of course, you were excited and glad that you were finally going to debut; but you didn't know how to tell Ryota. You knew how much he had worked just to debut, and not just him but also Ken and Kou.

Sighing, you rolled to your side and groaned, "Well... I bet he'd know by now... They said that they'll post an announcement today or tomorrow." you muttered to yourself. Just then, your phone notification went off, indicating a new message.

Sitting up, you got your phone from your bedside table and checked your screen, and was shocked to see Ryota's name, "Ryo-kun...?"

You opened the message and read:

Congrats in debuting, [Name]! ~ Ken

Congratulations in your debut, [Name]. ~ Kou

Congratulations, [Name]. ~ Ryo

You giggled, thinking that Ken must've taken Ryota's phone and just typed their messages in. But just before you could type a reply, another message from Ryota, came in:

Sorry about those two... Ken took my phone...

Do your best out there, alright [Name]? But don't forget... I'll catch up to you in no time.

You smiled and typed in your reply:

Send my thanks to Kou-kun and Ken~

Thank you as well, Ryo-kun!

Pressing send, you smiled. Just because you will debut before them, doesn't mean that you should finally relax. And knowing that Ryota will surely work hard to catch up, you'll just have to work even harder.

Typing one last reply, you grinned. It won't be fun if you didn't send one last tease, right?

Oh yeah, since I debuted before you... Does that mean that... I'm your senpai?~

Good luck, Ryo-kun~

not ending a chapter without a daily dose of teasings /shot