07

It's almost a year since you've announced your debut, together with a few others, and day after day, jobs were piling one after the other. Ryota rarely sees you in the agency, the only times he does get to know how well you're doing is from his manager, news and media, and from other talents in the agency. Of course, his schedule doesn't match up to yours and he'll barely gets any texts from you unlike before.

There are a few times, however, when he does receives texts from you and that's when you see advertisements with him on it. You would tell him that you saw him on a magazine or commercial, then send out a comment about it rather than complimenting him. 

It's almost the end of spring, and Ryota finishes whatever he has to do in the agency and is now waiting for the elevator. He checks his phone for the time and sees that he can still catch a movie before heading back home, just as he was about to put back his phone inside his bag, he got a text from you. Opening the message, he read: Behind you.

He raised an eyebrow before letting out a sigh. He contemplated for a moment before looking back, only to see you in a oni mask. Not amused, he bluntly commented, "Suits you."

"Ah! Hey!" you cried out as you removed the mask. "That's what you say after not seeing each other for a long time?!"

"I see your advertisements everywhere, just so you know." 

"Really?! How was I?"

"So-so."

You pouted, before sighing, "So, where you headed?"

"Going to watch a movie... Why?"

"Hangout with me for awhile, will ya~?" you said, grinning at him, "Just like old times~"

Ryota pointedly stared at you, but you just looked back at him, making it look like (to whoever's passing by) a staring contest. Seeing as you weren't going to back down anytime soon, he groaned softly, "Alright."

"Yay!"

.:..::..:.

You dragged Ryota to the cafe where you had first invited him to and ordered a caramel macchiato, while Ryota ordered an iced mocha frappe. "Hm? You were never this strong with coffee..." Ryota commented.

"I've been doing a lot of jobs lately, so I ended up drinking more coffee than I used to... Well, I think I need a stronger type of coffee, since it doesn't seem to be working for me anymore." you sheepishly told him.

"Then you should go home and rest instead to inviting me out here." Ryota let out a sigh, wondering why you would choose to hangout with him despite your busy schedule.

You let out a sheepish laugh as you scratched your back nape, "But it's been so long since we just sat down and talked..." you explained. You looked down at your drink and absentmindedly stirred the drink with your spoon, "I miss this, you know..." you muttered.

Flinching, he didn't know how to respond and just drank from his frappe. "How are you since your debut?" Ryota then asked, thinking that it's better to change the subject.

You blinked at him for a few times, before grinning, "Fun~ Well, tiring as well though. But everything's a new experience, you know?"

Ryota smiled, "That's good."

"And you? Think you'll debut this year?"

He shrugged, "Maybe. My manager says so. He says that Ken, Kou and I could be the ones to debut this year." he said, and you could tell the slight proudness in his tone, "As much as I want that to happen, I don't want to hope too much."

You gleefully replied, "Ah! I'm sure they'll choose you guys! Me and the other debuted members actually talked about it one time and we said that you guys might debut. I mean, you guys are amazing!"

"You're just saying that."

You shook your head, "But you are! Even when I first became a Juniors, I always wondered why you haven't had your debut."

"And here we are, you, almost on your one-year anniversary; and me, still a junior." 

You frowned, "Sorry."

He waved his hand, telling you that it's fine, "You worked hard for it. Like I said before. Just do your best, and I'll do mine." he gave you a gently smile as he reached over to pat your head. You slightly blushed at the gesture, and when Ryota realized what he was doing, he blushed as well.

An awkward silence enveloped you two, just as you were about to speak up, the vibration of your phone surprised you two, "A-Ah! Sorry." you apologized you looked at the caller ID.

"No, go ahead." he allowed you to talk to whoever it was on the phone.

"Ah, hello?" you said as you soon heard one of your teammates started nagging, as if they knew that you weren't at home resting.

Ryota chuckled quietly, amused from seeing you get flustered from trying to calm your teammate down. After hanging up, you let out a tired sigh, "How in the world did they know that I wasn't home yet?!"

He gave you an amused grin and teased, "Maybe because they know how much you get into trouble."

You glared at him, "I'm behaved!"

"Sure you are." he smirked at you, before saying, "But anyways, that's the cue to get going." he gathered his things and stood up from his chair, "Let's go?"

You silently stared at him before slowly nodding and getting your things, "Yeah."

He walked you to the station, where you two would part ways. After saying a goodnight to each other, you were about to turn around and leave when you heard Ryota say, "Thanks for today, [Name]."

Words seemingly stuck in your throat, you wordlessly nodded. Ryota chuckled at this and said, "See you soon?"

"Y-Yeah...!" you nodded before grinning, "Thanks as well, Ryo-kun!"

Letting out a smile, he nodded to you as well, "Yeah."

.:..::..:.

i said that i wont end a chapter without any teasings... but i didnt mean just teasings from you to ryo~

i made ryo so chill here. so princely. no tsundere lmao

1 chapter to go~

(and a special from me)