16

I took the stairs to the roof, all I wanted to do was get away. Get away from here, from him, from life, from everything. I just wanted to run and keep running. I ran up the rest of the floors and opened the door as a strong breeze hit me. I walked toward the edge and sat down, finally letting out everything.

I cried and cried, it's like I couldn't stop. I cried because of the possibility of Ethan cheating on me, I cried because of the fact that Calum and I have a history I can't seem to get out of my head, I cried because my best friend's boyfriend is back and he's supposedly okay, I cried because I just broke up with Ethan and I cried because my head and heart hurt.

I don't know what time it was or how long I was going to stay up here but it was the only place I could think of. I wish I was home, because if I was home, I'd be able to run through the gate in my backyard and follow that trail that lead to one place where I'd always go when I felt like this. I just want to go home.

~

I woke up as a cold breeze hit my face, my eyes opened and I realized that I was on the roof. I looked up and seen the sun about to set. I was up here that long?

I took out my phone and seen that it was a quarter past six (6:15 p.m). shit.

I also seen my phone blown with calls and texts. I sighed and laid back on the concrete ground, putting my arm over my head.

"I wish I could just get away...just for a day.." I mumbled to myself.

After a few minutes of laying there, I stood up and dusted myself off. I walked down the stairwell and took the elevator to the 4th floor. I leaned against the wall as the elevator moved down, each floor it hit a ding noise would come.

When the elevator doors opened to the 4th floor, I leaned off the wall and walked out, "Tara!" Someone called.

I looked up and seen Alli running up to me, she hugged me and I kept my arms down.

"Where the hell have you been?" She asked once she pulled away, checking me over.

"Roof." I said plainly.

"Roof? What the-"

"Calum! She's in the hall!" Luke yelled. I looked at him and he waved, I did a lazy wave and looked back at Allison.

"Oh yeah, uh, Luke's back." She shrugged.

"Mhmm." I said, moving pass her and walking down the hall to my room.

"Tara!" Calum shouted, running towards me and hugging me tight. "Where have you been? We've been looking for you everywhere?" He asked, still holding me.

"I was on the roof." I said as he pulled away and checked me over like Allison did.

"What were you doing on the roof?" He asked with concern in his eyes.

"I needed to get away." I said slowly.

"Tara..." I heard a familiar voice say. I turned and seen Ethan at the door of our room. He stepped forward to me and held out his hand, but I backed into Calum and shook my head. He dropped his hand and looked at me with pleading eyes.

I shook my head again, crossing my arms over my chest. "No Ethan.."

"But Ta-"

"No."

"I'm sorr-"

"No."

"Tara plea-"

"No Ethan. No, just no." I said a bit louder, my back still to Calum's front.

"What's going on?" Allison asked, coming closer between Ethan and I.

"Noth-" Ethan started.

"Ethan and I aren't together anymore.." I said

"What?" Calum, Allison and Haley said in sync.

"I ended it."

Calum turned me around and held my shoulders, looking at me, "Tara, if this is about yesterday. It was probably a mis-"

"Ethan." I heard a girl voice say, I turned and everyone followed. I seen a girl in black pumps, stockings and a tight black dress. Her hair was curled and she was wearing pink lipstick. I could smell her from where I was standing and it was the perfume I smelled last night.

"I, uh, forgot my jacket here last night..." She said awkwardly.

I scoffed and looked at Ethan, "Not cheating, nice one." I said as tears filled my eyes.

"Tara, I can explain." He said, holding his hands up and walking towards me.

"No. Just, no." I said, backing up into Calum again. As I backed up, I felt Calum get tense, I looked down and his hands were balled in a fist as the veins in his arms started to pop out. I knew what was coming next. I grabbed one of his arms and looked up at him, shaking my head. "No Cal, don't."

He didn't look at me, he was staring at Ethan like he was planning his death. Calum slowly pushed me aside, I tried pulling him back, but he took his arm and walked forward towards Ethan.

"Calum.." I said.

he didn't look.

"Calum." I said again.

still nothing.

"Calum!" I said a little louder.

He turned and looked at me, his face was hard and he was so angry right in that moment. You could see flames in his eyes and all he wanted to do was beat the shit out of Ethan, maybe even kill him. "Don't."

he just stared at me.

"Don't. It's not worth it.." I said slowly, looking into his eyes as he looked back in mine.

It took awhile, but he finally closed his eyes, took a deep breath and swallowed. He unballed his fists and began to turn around.

"Fuck this." He turned back around and hit Ethan square in the jaw. Ethan fell to the floor, holding his face. "I told you not to hurt her." He said, turning back around and looking at me. "Sorry Tara, I had to." He said, walking pass me and to his room.

~

Haley left and went to check on Calum, I went in and gave the girl back her jacket. She apologized for the trouble she had caused, but I just pointed to the door and she left. Ethan tried apologizing, I ended up packing his stuff and throwing it out the room. He said sorry and took his bag, leaving without another word.

Luke came in later and talked to me, he checked if I was okay then told me his whole story. Allison came to check on me a little while after Luke, said she felt terrible for not telling me about Luke but I forgave her because I never told her about Calum.

Haley came to see how I was holding up, said I was alright. We talked for a few minutes but she left soon after. Calum never came.

A/N

Don't judge, I know this probably sucks like heck but who the hell cares (okay I do)

I'll try to make these chapters a little longer, them seem a bit short.

I don't know when I'm going to end this. I don't think there will be a sequel on this either.

Anyhow, enjoy :)

Vote, Comment, Etc.

Love you xx