Chapter 4| Preparations

****

''You see me standing
While I'm dying
On the floor''
-Demi Lovato

****

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4 | ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

With my proposal already given in, all I had to do was wait and see whether the Jimbrooke and the education board feel generous enough to give me permission.

It had taken me exactly a week to prepare this; as Jimbrooke predicted earlier. We were to go camping.

Hank wasn't available on the dates I planned to go and to my luck, recommended Jace.

He was sitting right beside me now, waiting to know the results; almost as anxious as I was. The wait was beneficial in a way; I had time to study Jace's whole looks.

He was tall; no doubt a 6'0 person. He possessed a sexy jawline with chestnut brown hair, his smile always revealing a set of neat, clear white teeth. He was always dressed to perfection; sporty for his classes and button up shirts with tight pants for meetings with his tie hanging loosely around his neck. All his shirts clung onto his big-made body and broad shoulders.

And I could never forget his deep gruffly yet seducing voice which so well haunted my daydreams.

He was 25 ironically, just four years higher than me. I was 21. I was a bit over the top when I heard he was born in the same month as I am. I was born on July 12th while he was born on July 3rd. It almost seemed as if fate had demanded us to be together.

'Olivia', Jimbrooke greets me as he exits his office,'I'm happy to announce that the board deems it fit to grant you permission. They expect you to meet with the guardians responsible tomorrow morning for a guardian meet teacher conference'

'That won't be a problem right Olly?', Jace asks, in his gruff voice that just made me want to melt on the spot.

The fact that he uses my nickname Olly just wanted to make me melt a little more.

'Of course. I'll take printouts of the note right away and distribute it to the children', I tell, as steadily as I could.

Jimbrooke displays a satisfied nod and leaves. Jace turned rather cheerily to me and asks,'Now, even though it's just a simple field trip and stuff, what do you say we go out and celebrate after school?'

I cough,'Just the two of us?'

'Just the two of us', he says and comes closer and whispers in my ear,'I know how you look at me Olly...'

And he disappears, leaving me with melting wax legs. I shuddered at how his voice affected me. It gave me shivers right down to my spine. He knew I liked him. Was I that obvious?

He wanted to take me out after school! Oh great. I look down at the outfit I was wearing; I had a flowery Adidas shirt, skinny black knee-ripped jeans and black heels. Was this okay?

 Was this okay?