Chapter 15| Solving Affairs

****

''Stone cold, stone cold,
you'll see me
standing while I'm dying
on the floor''
-Demi Lovato

****

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15 | sᴏʟᴠɪɴɢ ғғᴀɪʀs

Three days later...

'Olivia!', Jenna shouted ,'You need to stop this. You've been cooped up in your room for the past three whole days'

She was banging at my door which I wisely locked when I came in after having lunch downstairs.

'You better open it or I'm breaking it down!', Jenna warned,'You know me'

'I know you well enough that you don't have the pocket money to spend on buying a new door', I shouted back.

'True', she said,'But Hank's on my side!'

I groaned, it was true. I've been hiding in my room for the past three days; only coming out to eat downstairs. I hadn't stepped outside the house since I arrived.

My sister Jenna had gotten depressed seeing me in such a state and was worried that I was losing it. My mother too, also tried to get me to come out but I was still mad at her and even refused to listen to her. Hank had been silently supporting Jenna, not wanting to upset me more by annoying me himself. One of the things I should be grateful for to have him in my life.

'I'm coming', I said,'Just... just give me a minute'

'You've had three days', Jenna retorts,'Open the fucking door!'

'Jenna!', I hear the distant shout of my mother downstairs,'Language!'

I grunt and reluctantly get up from my comfortable position. I open the door with a fake smile plastered on my face,'Can I help you?'

'Yeah, come on, we're going out', Jenna grins,'Like old times'

***

'I should have guessed that by old times', I look at her,'You meant the sweet popcorn at the movies'

'It was worth it', she said.

'Yeah, right', I snort ,'I had to pay'

She looks at me very seriously,'Like you said before', her lips begin to twitch to an extent of forced suppression against smiling,'My pocket money is limited'

I don't answer her. I instead begin to browse through unknown users on Instagram.

'You know', Jenna goes on ,'We should celebrate you coming out of the house. Club Devine?'

I cringed when I heard that name. I instantly thought of Brett. We met there and we did unspeakable things there as well. The place didn't exactly hold good memories.

'How about', I say ,'No?'

'Come on', she whines,'We gotta go somewhere!'