Chapter 6| Morning Buzz

****

''To be human
is to love,
even when it gets
too much,
I'm not ready to give up''
-Sia

****

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6| ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴢᴢ

''Come on come on, turn the radio on'' My phone alarm blared to Sia's song ,''It's Friday night and I won't be long''

I hit the snooze button and sit upright on my seducing soft bed. It was 3:30 in the morning.

I hold back a yawn and end up getting a soft case of hiccups. At least it woke me to my full senses.

I strolled over to my cupboard to pick out an outfit. I wasn't going to wake Jenna up to help me and I certainly am not going to wake mum to say bye. Hank already promised to take me in the morning to school, so I'd have to wake him up after I get changed.

My outfit consisted of a long beige shirt dress, beanie and black leather laced boots.

I don't care whether it's appropriate or not. I want to be comfortable in the long suffocating ride that's to come. I had a nice soothing bathe and changed to my outfit.

I dab a little make up and then head off to Hank and my mum's room. I knock thrice and the door swung open to greet an already dressed Hank,'Sorry. I was already up so I just changed. It's anxiety. I'm worried whether you can cope with all this on your own. I shouldn't have even given you this absurd idea'

'Hank, it's alright', I reassure him,' And besides... Jace is coming. Anyway, give me a minute. I've got some last minute packing'

Just the mention of Jace's name chilled me to the bone. Hank was not aware of our 'working' relationship. And I really don't want him to know.

Also, I lied about the last minute packing. I hadn't packed at all. I rushed upstairs as fast as my legs could carry me and immediately began poking things in to a suitcase that Hank bought me earlier.

He chose it. It was matte black. My favorite. He always knows what I like.

I packed my bathroom essentials and everything electronic item I needed. I groaned as I tried to close the zip.

'Why not I help with that?', I hear a soft squeak from my door. I turn to see a very sleep deprived looking Jenna,'I couldn't sleep. I was thinking how lonely the house would be without you'

'It's just a few days. Okay, maybe weeks. But it's not forever Jen', I tell her. I was rather irritated at all the sentimentality I was getting today. It's only 5:34 in the morning!