June 1970

June 1970

EARLY SPRING

One afternoon in a quaint neighborhood in Atlanta, a family from Italy was settling down to their new home. The family or should I say the Lévesque's, came into town because of Mr. Lévesque new job position. And so now they will try to see what happens with their lives in beautiful Atlanta. As they moved in, boxes and rather a lot of stuff were scattered across their wide new and fresh lawn. The family was moving in a rather relaxed pace, taking in their new house and now, would be trying to make it their home. The men of the family, meaning the father and teenage son, was doing most of the heavy lifting while the mother and young daughter were unpacking from the inside, trying to figure out where to place their many belongings.

As the people unpacked, their dog Missy, was doing some adjustments of her own. Missy is a Shetland sheepdog, average in height and fur, she's somewhat a tiny version of Lassie the dog with the famous movie. She is indeed, and I am certain, a part of the family. She is especially close to the youngest of the family, the daughter and she is very much trained.

So adjusting to her new environment she explored around the neighborhood. Around the house she walked, yes, that was pretty much her expedition. She thought with the new neighborhood she might get lost, a smart dog she was, cautious and alert. When she decides to go back inside the house across the street she hears a very loud bark. She doesn't normally entertain barks from other dogs, most of the time she just ignores them. But the loud bark kept on and it kind of annoyed her a little bit, so finally she gives in and turns her cute little head and sees a Siberian husky staring at her with a funny grin, from across the street.

Buck is a red to orange Siberian husky living across the street from the new neighbors. He is part of the Gray family that has lived in Atlanta almost all their lives. Buck grew up and came to love Atlanta, it's his little piece of heaven. He occasionally strolls around, he knows all the roads and shortcuts because of this, and he never gets lost. Indeed he is an adventurer and a free spirit. He loves playing too, very energetic and fun, he is loved by most of the families neighbors as well.

As soon as Buck heard that the movers truck had parked in, a tinge of excitement ran through his veins. Yes, another adventure and another friend to make, he happily thought. He imagined if the neighbors had a dog as well, an adventurer too he hoped so he can somewhat show the new guy "his" neighborhood. With that in mind he bolted through the door and went outside their lawn. He patiently waited for the truck to move so he could see if there was indeed a new dog in town. After waiting for about half an hour, lying in the grass, barking occasionally, and even watching cars go by, he finally diverted his attention back to the new neighbors' house and suddenly he was taken by what he had seen.

There across the street, in the new neighbors lawn was the prettiest dog he thought he has ever seen. Yes, in this town he was the stud, he new every female dog that lived in his quaint little neighborhood but he has seen nothing like the new dog.

His heart started pounding and he didn't understand what was actually happening to him. He felt this unsettling gurgling in his stomach that wouldn't stop, maybe caused by a little bit of hunger but he doesn't really care. He was really taken by the sight of the new dog, the dog that he wanted to meet, the dog he wanted to get to know, the dog he was sure that was his match.

Buck let out his best bark in the hopes of catching the new dogs attention, he really wanted to get to know her at that moment and he wasn't going to take no for an answer too. But the first attempt was a let down, she didn't even flinch. So he tried, yes, try he did, he barked and barked until she finally caved in. And in that moment she turned her head and looked at him straight in the eye from across the street he felt ecstatic, he felt elated, and he was definitely sure that he is in love!