October 2001

END of OCTOBER 2001

Reina

"Yes! Students once again it is time for the annual Halloween break party! A band will be performing your favorite songs, free food and have a pretty good time! You can buy your tickets at the students lounge and make sure to put on your best costume, cause you might just win a prize. So see you guys there!" this was on repeat at the schools intercom system throughout the whole day.

"Why is the school so hyped about this Halloween thing Tash?" Reina asked while grabbing things from her locker.

"Well that's because they want people to go because nobody usually goes and I mean nobody important."

"Why is that?

"Because it's boring, and the only consolation is that there is always a house party after it! That's where you get to see a lot of good looking people."

"So Rain, are we going or what, cause I know I will. Trust me you do not want to miss this! And it is your first house party right so you should enjoy it, we should enjoy it!"

"Fine we'll go but I'm going home when 11 strikes, no questions asked. Ok?"

"Ok go by 11, but I assure you the party hasn't even started at that hour yet! Your loss Rain!"

"Just don't expect me to wait for you Tash ok. I don't want to be carrying you out of there with puke all over me."

"Hey no fair, I shared those stories with you because I knew you could keep a secret!"

"Hey I can and I'm only telling you because it came from you." And they laughed and scurried down the hall to their last class for the day.

It was funny how she hasn't really gotten used to the fact that Tasha will never stop talking. It has been almost 2 months now and Tasha is still Tasha. The only thing that has changed now is the fact that she has a new boyfriend from some school outside Portland. And Reina also knows that when Tasha gets bored she would dump him immediately. This is another concept she didn't understand with Tasha, doesn't she want real love? Or maybe she was just really promiscuous which still was no excuse. But she is nice and since she was her friend and she's nice she tolerated it, she tried convincing her many times to be good but the girl wouldn't let up, so she just gave up and let her run her life the way she wanted to. "Ah, American girls, just as long she doesn't meddle with mine, we are good!"

So end of classes and Reina found herself in a pinch, she was confused on whether they were going to the Halloween break party or the house after party. She waited for Tasha at their lockers.

"Tash, I'm confused did you say that we were going to the Halloween party or the after party?" she asked

"Silly you, we're going to the after party of course!"

"Why don't we go to the Halloween break party too Tash, you know support for the school and all that."

"Don't be lame Rain." she laughed

"Well if you don't want too then I'd go alone. There's a band and I want to hear their music, I get murmurs that their great."

"Suit yourself Rain! Just don't blame me if you have a horrible time."

"Now come on, we don't have enough time to look for outfits, the party is going to happen tomorrow, let's get moving we have to go to xoxo before it closes." she added with perkiness

"I'll meet you there Tash, I forgot something. See you."

And with that Tasha left and Reina headed to the students lounge to buy her ticket. "Bring your friends ok, Ms." said the girl selling the tickets. She felt sorry that she couldn't bring any friends. But still it was exciting for her, experiencing her first school party here in the states, she didn't care if she went alone she just wanted to experience what it would feel like.