Firsts and Feelings

First Meeting?
Reina and Caleb

Her eyes were closed, she was just listening to whatever sound there was, she was minding her own business in her spot, when she heard a cheery manly voice saying stuff like "Hi I'm Caleb blah blah blah." She assumed that this introduction was not for her, she attempted to listen to something else from around, but it was too loud to tune out. She felt like it was too close for her to hear that clearly and she also felt that someone was kind of hovering in front of her. And so she opened her eyes to check.

To her surprise there was a guy in front of her, stooped down looking straight at her. Instinctively she would slap this guy and run like hell, call for help. But there was something that glued her there, to those beautiful green eyes. And for a few seconds she let those green eyes hold here there, the universe was telling her something she thought, if not why couldn't she move?

But when she got back to reality she instantly stood and responded with a threat. Yes, a threat. Threats were made after the realization that some random stranger was right in front of her and could hurt her if he wanted to. She got scared after that thought.
"Come any closer and I'll kick your ass, I studied the art of Karate and I am not afraid to use it!"
Then he too, stood up and slapped himself back to reality. He held his hands in the "I surrender position" and said,
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you. I was just introducing myself. I didn't know you were asleep. I mean you no harm, I swear."
Seeing that she was ready to spring, and she looked like she wasn't kidding, he added quickly,
"Please calm down, nobody needs to get hurt. And I am begging here, please."
With a deep breath and a deep thought as well she said,
"Fine, fine I'll calm down, but take a step near me and you're so dead Mister."
And with that she calmed down and he calmed down too and now they were both relived, sitting at opposite ends of the path, the spot Reina new so well.

"Remind me not to surprise you ever again after this." he joked. And Reina hearing this laughed a bit and said mockingly, "What makes you think that there is an after this? For all I know you could be a psycho or something." He snorted at this remark and replied charmingly, "Well if I was a psycho I would have killed you when you were sleeping a while ago. Which I didn't so we can conclude that I, Caleb Gray, am not a psycho. Lighten up will yah, it's a great day!" Then when she saw that silly grin on his face she laughed and added "True" and he laughed too.

Then she looked at him real hard and realized it, he was the guitar player across the street, the one she loves listening too every day since they moved here. She couldn't believe how handsome he was up close it was the first time she realized that he wasn't only talented but he was beautiful too.
"Let me just say that your guitar playing is impeccable." she said trying to make small talk. She convinced herself that if they really are going to stay here for good she should really make an effort to get to know the place and the people. She was finally really accepting it, a trait she doesn't really use but she now had too.

"Impeccable? Wow, that's deep. I didn't know people still used words like that." he replied. Then added, "Um, thanks, that compliment is pretty much appreciated, even though its meaning is very vague to me." Then he tried to clear the dead air that followed.
"So you do listen to me. That answers one of my questions."
"One of your questions?" she curiously asked
"Well you see I always see you here looking pissed and all that so I came up with reasons on why that is. It humors me. And I've always wanted to ask you why."
"Oh so you notice me here?" she asked again
"Yeah, you always walk by here, stopping at the same exact spot and then you draw. I can tell that you're very artistic just by looking."
And for a moment there they looked in each other's eyes and again they had this strange feeling. It was a good kind of strange. Then she stopped this, stood and said,
"Look at the time, I have to get home my parents are probably back by now."
"What, wait, I didn't catch your name?" he said in a hurry since she was now walking away.
"Why would I tell, for all I know you're a sick stalker."
Then he laughed at this remark and said,
"Hard to get eh! Well one of these days you are going to tell me, right after I chase that snob out of you!"
Hearing this, she was pushed to stop, it was the first time that somebody cared enough to tell her the truth. Then she gave in, she finally accepted that if he was man enough to tell the truth then he must be a really good guy. She was smiling when she shouted back at him,
"Excuse me, I am not a snob Mr. Caleb Gray! I'm Reina, Reina Lévesque."
And she went off not knowing when and where she was going to see him again.

As he heard this, he stopped on his tracks and laughed, her name is Reina.