November 2001

November 2001

After that very faithful night of the Halloween party Caleb and Reina grew closer with each other. As weeks went by their friendship now had a very good foundation. It wasn't easy for both of them to open up in one sitting but they tried, they took their time. And when the sharing and caring felt normal, it became a habit for both, they were now the best of friends. Every morning Caleb would wait for Reina from across the street and they would walk together to school. Reina found a new spot to draw at, she now took refuge at a bench across the street very near from where Caleb played his guitar.

You may think that they spend every waking moment together, oh but they don't. As much as they want to but not admitting it, they don't always talk all the time or spend all of their time with each other, they still had their own cliques. Reina had to listen to Tasha talk all day and Caleb had band practice. And then there's also spending time with their respective families, exercising, buying stuff at the mall, going to church and all the daily routines necessary for a normal life to ensue. But amidst all these, they never lost time for each other.

A month went by with both of them getting to know themselves and each other more. Most days they would just laugh at the most random things, to the point of being breathless and sometimes blue, literally. Reina felt exuberant whenever she was with Caleb, talking to him and just laughing with him made her see the positive in all her negatives. And Caleb hadn't felt so open and true with anyone except for Reina. He loved that he could talk to her about anything without her judging him. They were having fun with their youth and they were very much enjoying it.

But it wasn't all happy, they were rough times too. Like the time Caleb forgot to tell Reina he had an emergency band meeting when they were supposed to go home together that day, he left her at school waiting miserably. Or the time Reina got all moody and took it out on unfortunately, Caleb. The good thing about their relationship is that their fights didn't last very long and they forgive each other every single time. Their threshold for understanding is very much high. So everything was real.