I

ONE: MIRAI

"Everything packed and ready, sir?" The petite maid asked, zipping young Mikaela's suitcase up. He turned upon hearing her voice, tossing three more colored ties towards her face. This action caused her to furrow her eyebrows in frustration, once again, opening the giant suitcase. Mikaela gave her a gentle smile (very abnormal coming from such a cold hearted man), narrowing his icy blue orbs back to the closet.

"My apologies, Mia, I'm a little off today I suppose," he sighed. Mia Yoskioka, the only maid he kept that his father had hired. She had been working under the Bathory mansion for years since her and Mikaela were kids. Mia had probably been the only friend he had seeing they were the same age and played while her mother worked there as well. It was all fun and games until Mikaela had grown up to be a player, sleeping with many women which had caused him to pay no attention to the young brown haired maid anymore.

At least, until Yuuchiro Hyakuya, the raven haired teenage boy came along, changing the way Mikaela truly was and, a matter of fact, changing his perspective on love. The man was simply in love with the young teenager. They were a beautiful couple.

It was great while it lasted until Asuramaru died and Yuu left Mikaela. Mikaela had vowed that day to never love again. His father, Ferid had soon moved away into a small city in Japan, getting his own house and leaving the company to Mikaela. He had also passed down the mansion and all fortune Ferid had earned. In other words, Mikaela was rich. Rich, handsome, and hardworking at that.

Although owning a huge company and also being the official first progenitor of Japan (yes, he was in charge of many cities at that) sounded like a lot of work, it wasn't to Mikaela. He worked his way up to the latter of progenitors, starting from being the 10th to being the head progenitor of the world. Mikaela hardly had any time to himself nor got much sleep either but never really cared, he was ruthless, he was harsh, and most of all, he was cold hearted.

Being a billionaire did come with some perks, although. The fortune, the looks, the House, everything. People were frightened of him and that's what he truly aimed for. To scare others into not messing with him the way Yuuchiro did. The situation left a mental scar in his heart but he never seemed to care. Did he even have a heart at that? That was the true question.

"So, sir, if you don't mind me asking but, how is the Tokyo Ball like?" Mia asked curiously, her orbs pouring onto the blond headed man. Mikaela only smiled again, what was with him? He had been in such a good mood lately. Mia couldn't guess as to why but as always, kept silent on the subject.

"Its a very, elusive experience, such defined details and beautifully sculpted pieces of décor. Think of ... The Great Gatsby. Have you ever read Gatsby, Mia?" Mikaela questioned, "because I know you're very fond of English literature."

"Of course I have, sir. It's such a wonderfully written novel," she smiled. The one thing they did have in common was reading. English literature to be exact. Mikaela was never a true fan of Japanese novels or manga at that. He found it very childish and obscure.

"Well, I guess you can say it's exactly like the way Fitzgerald describes Gatsby's parties in his mansion but more, modernized."

"Whom runs the ball anyways?" Mia questioned.

"Well, Mr. Hiragii, he's a business man in japan. He has the unique eyebrows," Mika chuckled, "very professional man, although. I do business with him all the time." It had been about thirty minutes of packing much of Mikaela's clothing. He grew tired and had dismissed Mia for slumber hours to come. The trip would be rather short although, he did want to rest.

Tokyo was a fine city, with many lights and rare sights of beauty, Sakura trees on every corner of the suburbs each pouring out its true colors and traditions of japan; no wonder it was such a tourist attraction. Mika truly loved visiting Tokyo. He knew he was in for a great night, something he never truly experienced.