VII

It was a night elegance. Many famous celebrities piled into the large ballroom decorated with jewels, crystals, and all things elusive; which is what they wanted the theme to stay as. Yuu trembled as he dialed the number to his phone, heaving a sigh upon hearing the words, "Kazuma."

"H-hey, it's Yuu. I-I just wanted to let you k-know th-at I'm running on a bad fever so-o I can not attend tonight," He stuttered in utter fear. How could he possibly skip just to attend a ball in which he had to work in? Hell, it was better to serve coffee than to serve customers with their sexual desires. And Yuu knew that. His heart was heavy and filled with sorrow. He still missed his dear Mika and everyone he once knew. And now, he's trapped. Facing the problem of lying to a powerful, scary man.

"Alright," Kazu finally agreed, "I'm going out tonight anyways so, I suppose that's ok. Get your rest. I need you up and ready tomorrow night to make me money, got it?" Yuu smiled, "of course!" And hung up.

Yuu was quite excited to attend such an elusive and extravagant event such as the Tokyo Ball. Even though he was working, he knew it would be exciting to meet so many celebrities and rich, corporate men and women from different countries. As he was grabbing the boxes from Narumi's mini van, Sayuri was signing in from the back door to grab the trio passes of employment.

"Pretty great huh?" Narumi grunted, holding the two giant boxes in place. Yuu smiled as he walked towards the back doors where all employees of the ball were allowed entrance. Of course, it would be very un elegant of them to walk through the main doors were the celebrities did. Sayuri smiles, gesturing the boys to coming in and so they did, grabbing as many boxes as possible filled with different types of coffee grains and mugs.

The trio was greeted by a man wearing nothing but black, holding a clipboard in hand. He seemed rather stressed out as his why seemed to be assistant was jotting notes down whilst the man speaking.

"Ahh, you must be the Makoto cafe, am I incorrect?" The man questioned. Yuu smiled and nodded, "we sure are the proud Makoto cafe! Best coffee shop in Tokyo!"

"Yeah cause Starbucks DOESNT exist?" Makoto frowned.

"Well, no matter, certain lounge areas are provided with your services that the guests have requested."

Narumi raised an eyebrow, "you mean to tell me, we're working in the break section rather than the actual ballroom? That's bullshit. Nobody specified that. How-"

"And who are you to talk? You're getting paid a good arm and leg and you're more concerned about where your location is? Now that is bullshit if you ask me. We are offering you over $100k for your services tonight, are ya in or out?" The man scoffed, looking at his watch, "and answer quickly, I have important matters to attend to."

"100k?! Now that wasn't specified either! We're in. So, these private rooms, elaborate por favor," Sayuri smiled. The man blushed.

"W-well, these rooms are for when attendees need a break and will be in the lounge where you three will set up a coffee stop. Serve them if they order. That's really it, tips are included as they please. Now if you excuse, I'll be attending guests." And with that, he whisked off. Narumi stood in a state of shock, mouth agape. Sayuri giggled, pushing his lower lip back up.

"Don't wanna get flies in there," she stared. You smiled, "100k in American dollars, imagine! The renovations we can make at our shop! Expand, advertising, even hiring more employers! God damnit, not to mention the tips we'll be getting from these rich people! Let's give it our best, guys!"

"Oy!" Shouted the two.

~

"Mikaela Sama, are you ready to go?" Mika's assistant smiled. However, he was too occupied. He thoughts of a certain boy filled his mind. He didn't know what to do, what to think. Ever since he had laid eyes with him at the bar, he had been mesmerized by the thought of Yuu even being alive. With all the years they hadn't seen each other, why now?

"Sure. Say, did you book me a private room to myself at the ball? I'd hate to be social all night." Mika muttered. The assistant smiled, nodding, "yes sir! They'll be serving coffee as well. I know you don't like Starbucks so we requested a local café shop around here and get this, we even got you your private server!"

"Good. Let us go."

~

Jsjsjsjsjsjsjsjs. Hi everybody! Was I missed? See I haven't actually been MIA I just been .. well I've been busy. With life, and all..

Seeing this lockdown happen only makes me inspired to write more so .. another chapter from yours truly! I hope you all enjoy <33

Please make sure to VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!!! Let's get those views up people!

X Airi