Part One

Whenever you call me, I'll be there
Whenever you want me, I'll be there
Whenever you need me, I'll be there
I'll be around

            In certain regenerations, Neas would acquire one that had the gift of song.

            Such was the case of her twenty-first regeneration, who she named "Si."

            Physically a young woman of seventeen years of age, she sang with an angelic, soulful voice that harmonized throughout her T

            Physically a young woman of seventeen years of age, she sang with an angelic, soulful voice that harmonized throughout her T.A.R.D.I.S.

            Gizmo, her pet Mogwai, was her only audience; perched on her shoulder, he chirped along to the acoustic melody she played on her guitar in her rendition of the Spinners' "I'll Be Around."

            The comforting session lasted for a short time before it was disrupted.

            Rock music blared from further within the ship.

            "Sounds like our recent 'guest' just woke up," Si groaned, setting aside both her guitar and Gizmo on the console platform seat next to her. "Keep the tunes goin' for me, Giz. I'll be right back."

            The little Mogwai followed her lead, plucking at the guitar strings.

            Si smiled, recognizing the melody he played as the one his previous owner, Billy Peltzer, once taught him.

            She ultimately left the console room and went to one of the many bedrooms reserved for herself and her guests. There, she walked upon a space cluttered by trash, an array of electronics, and cats – among other things. It reeked with the scent of dry-roasted peanuts and cigar smoke.

            At the center of it all was the cause of it all, her companion: the one and (thankfully) only, Hellboy.

            The well-meaning half-demon was shirtless and weight-lifting at the moment.

            "What's happenin', kid?" he said with a lit cigar in his mouth.

            Si could barely hear him through the loud rock music.

            There were at least a dozen stereos in his room, any one of them being where the music blasted from.