Part Two

"Ya know, workin' in the B.R.P.D. or just bein' the type of guy I am, ya'd think I'd seen it all," Hellboy reflected. "But I gotta admit – I ain't ever seen a telepath like this kid do what she did a while ago."

Si herself had to profess to her half-demon companion's reflection.

She was a two-hundred-thousand-year-old Time Lord who had traveled across over a billion different worlds in the multiverse; not in a single one of them had she encountered a girl powerful enough to control her T.A.R.D.I.S.

Si walked right up to the girl, who fancied the technological wonders of the control console.

"What's your name, honey?" Si asked her, yet the girl merely just stared at her. "Do you have a name? My name's Si. And that tall red fella back there is named Hellboy. What's your name?"

After a moment of some hesitation, the girl held up her left forearm.

            On it, Si noticed the numbers "0," "1," "1" branded on the girl's skin

"Eleven?" The Time Lady interpreted. "Your name's 'Eleven'?"

The girl nodded.

"I happen to know another person who goes by 'Eleven'," Si snickered. "That is, that version of him sometimes does. Usually, we just call him 'Doctor'." Realizing she was veering off topic – something that she tended to do in this regeneration, she refocused on Eleven. "Do you have any parents? A mother? A father?"

Eleven gave no reply.

"Think she's broken," Hellboy said.

"She's not broken," Si countered. "She's just...reserved."

"Which is a fancy way of sayin', 'She's broken'."

The red brute's commentary was not helping whatsoever; but Si didn't let it distract her from what she attempted next: "I'm going to look into her mind."

Hellboy beamed at the idea. "Hey, that's right! You're a telepath, too!"

Si slowly motioned her hands towards Eleven's shaven head.

The gesture made Eleven recoil in fear.

"It's alright, sweetie," Si assured her. "This isn't going to hurt at all."

Eleven trusted the kindness of this young woman, who physically looked to be close in age with her.

Si gently placed her hands against the sides of Eleven's head.

Shutting her eyes thereafter, she focused.

A few fragmented memories flashed: Eleven's childhood, unusual experiments conducted to examine her mental capacity, and – in the midst of it all – a white-haired man in a suit and lab coat, observing the experiments.